Friday, February 18, 2011

EARTHLY ANGELS .... A NEW WEEKLY POST-




Welcome to my weekly post. Earthly Angels. Each week I will feature stories from all of you: my blogging buddies. So please feel free to leave a story of an Earthly Angel that you know in the comments or email me directly. I would love to hear about it.

In this weeks segment, I'll be featuring some very special husbands. Men who earned the title of an Earthly Angel.

The first is from a wonderful and sweet lady who has helped me on several occasions.

Wendy Tyler Ryan

"My husband was an earthly angel a few Chritmases ago. He didn't tell me until much later, but he choose a very crowded WalMart parking lot and put tiny Teddy bears under the wipers of the worst looking cars in the parking lot. Inside those tiny little bear's pockets, he put money!"



Francine Howarth


"My hubby is 6'2" in stockinged feet, and kind of hunky despite his profession Neuro Science & Psychology. He happened on an elderly man receiving abuse and suffering intimidation from a teen on a mountain bike. This was in Putney, London, a CCTV camera located nearby. The old guy looked really scared and hubby stepped in to warn the kid off. The kid got lippy and suggested hubby would do best to f*ck off or he'd call for backup. Hubby laughed, the kid got stroppy and said something to the effect hubby was all mouth and that he'd be meat when his mates got there. The old man took the hint and made safe his escape, while hubby let the kid rant-off cell phone in hand saying if hubby didn't f*ck off he'd be in big sh*t. Hubby by now had had enough and suggested that if the kid and mates cared to meet him in the alley out of sight of the CCTV they could sort their differences and see who was the braver. The kid sudden upped, spun his bike round and pedalled off shouting abuse over his shoulder." 


Walk2write


"As for the Earthly Angel, the first person who always comes to mind is my husband. Not for any of the usual sappy reasons, though. Here's the latest example: Night before last, a couple of loudmouth drunks were duking it out in the parking lot outside our apartment building. After about 20 minutes of cursing at each other, they left, honking the horn all the way. Fifteen minutes later they returned, screaming at each other again. I had heard enough, put my coat and slippers on, and headed for the door to put a stop to the nonsense and potential catastrophe. Hubby didn't even try to stop me. He just quietly followed. I didn't try to intervene but slipped behind the vehicle and memorized the license plate number, then relayed it to Hubby who called the police. He has a presence of mind seldom seen in this world."


Next week I already have one incredible Earthly Angel's couple. I would love to hear about two more. So if you know of an amazing couple please let me know. Of course, I am always interested to hear any Earthly Angels story. I'd like to have different features each week. I'd also like to hear about any special children that you may know. I hope you enjoyed this week's post. 



30 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Kindness and protection, that's what angels do. Wow, fantastic (and a bit unsettling) stories!

Michael, you're so sweet to do this!

Happy Friday!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wendy's tale is the most unique!

Christine Danek said...

This is wonderful. Keep it up, the stories are inspiring and touch my heart.
Have a great weekend!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

This is a wonderful idea. I love it. So enchanting to read these. I surely have met earthly angels, even gave birth to one. I'll have to share sometimes.

Summer Ross said...

Great stories to highlight! This is a wonderful post Michael!

Megan K. Bickel said...

What a nice post, Michael! I love this idea of celebrating the wonderful people in this world. Great job!

Angela said...

This is a fabulous idea. I like that you're taking the time to point out the good in people.

Linda Gray said...

What a perfect way to start the morning—coffee and your Earthly Angels post. Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! My hubs is an Earthly Angel, too. He'd have to be to put up with me.
-Vicki

Unknown said...

Love the new feature! Very positive, and we can all use a little more of that.

EJW

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Your new weekly subject is truly life-affirming. Let's all try to start a trend to commit random acts of kindness. Have a great weekend, Roland

Talli Roland said...

How fantastic - I love Wendy's tale. Thanks for sharing all of these, Michael!

Deniz Bevan said...

What a sweet idea for a blog feature! Thanks for sharing these stories.

Karlene Petitt said...

Michael our earthly angel... You've been Awarded the Stylish Blog Award!(again) http://tinyurl.com/4zxo39u Thanks for being great! Congratulations!!! XOX Karlene

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

I'm honored, Michael. That was sweet of you.

Abby Minard said...

So sweet, Michael!

Melissa said...

This is an awesome idea!!

Anonymous said...

A nice idea Michael. I, too, am married to a heavenly angel.

Margo Benson said...

This is a truly beautiful idea. I have loved reading these, they are touching and inspiring.

Hart Johnson said...

These are great little stories, Michael! I can't think of any off hand, but I will keep in mind that you do this--definitely a feel-good thing.

Donea Lee said...

Yay for awesome hubbies! Great stories, here. Thanks for sharing!

Dominic de Mattos said...

This was an inspired idea Michael ... and the stories are inspirational too.

Great job

:Dom

Stasia said...

Love your earthly angels feature! Happy to have found your blog via the crusade and look forward to following!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Isn't this crusade awesome?! Just thought I'd say hello! :)

jkraus8464 said...

What a beautiful blog! Incredible. I am enjoying reading this entry about earthly angels. Wonderful! So glad to get to know you as a crusader!

Arlee Bird said...

It's always nice to hear about people who are doing something positive to make this world a little bit better.

Lee
Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

Denise Covey said...

Hey Michael these are beautiful stories. I especially loved Wendy's husband putting teddies an money under the windscreen wipers. How lovely!

Denise:)

Alison Pearce Stevens said...

What a great idea! And I love these stories. I once saw someone stop in the middle of the street in Boston, get out of his car, wake a sleeping homeless man, and hand him money. It's amazing what a little kindness will do.

alexia said...

What a great weekly topic! And these are sweet stories. I love the teddy bear one!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

What a wonderful segment! I was really touched by the second story.