Friday, April 22, 2011

SINEWY, SEXY, AND SMART ... SHHHH... IT IS I!

It's Friday and almost the end of another exciting week of the A-Z challenge. And I can honestly say, it has been a challenge for me. To come up with something that teases the senses is no easy feat each day. So today I asked for a little help from a mysterious creature. I hope you will love him as much as I do. But he is a tad full of himself.

WHAT! I think not ...
Good day humans. 
Please let me introduce you to my sheer awesomeness. Am I not clever to adapt to your lingo although I am millennia old. Actually, I was discovered by the ancient Greeks, but they never saw the real me.
Are you intrigued? I certainly hope so. 
My kind are everywhere. We brought heat in the form of fire to the first humans and taught them how to create it ... which they still need our help, of course. We are responsible for nature’s electricity, explosions, and volcanos.
Although we spend time underground, when we surface we love to flick our tails and dance with the flames.
We stimulate heat, passion, and desire in humans for without our influence the world would be a cold, dark, and unfeeling place. A human who has a close affinity with us is stimulated spiritually and will have great faith and enthusiasm. A fiery personality ... so to speak. We stimulate so many other things as well ....  Drama anyone? Or, how about high aspirations? We push and prod for maximum effect.
Ignore us and you will manifest a lack of faith, distrust everyone, and become the worst possible pessimist. Ebenezer Scrooge ignored us for decades until he saw the light. It took more than a lump of coal to burn a fire under his saggy butt. HA! Oh, I am so witty. 
Yes, I am well aware he’s a fictitious character but the point is still a fabulous one. Don’t you agree? 
By now you must have guessed I am a fire elemental. If not, then you need me more than ever. 
Now I do bear an ever so slight resemblance to an earth creature. You already know that I like to flick my tail. Need another clue? Well, If you insist, just one more. You humans are not the swiftest creatures. For centuries I have been compared to an amphibian with the same name I carry.
AND, if you have been paying attention to today’s letter, you should have guessed.
Yes — it is I, you’re sinewy, sensuous, and sexy friend the Salamander! 




                           

18 comments:

mooderino said...

It was on the tip of my tongue all the way through but I had to wait till the amphibian line before i got it.

cheers,
mood
Moody Writing

Unknown said...

Good one, you really had me going :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

"She turned me into a newt!"
Okay, not quite a salamander, but close.

Anonymous said...

LOL, you got me with this one--love it!

Anonymous said...

Ha! LOVED it. When I was a kid, I always thought salamander and salmon were the same thing. I guess at one point in their evolution, they might have been...

Michelle Merrill said...

That's great Michael, thanks for sharing :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Ahahahahaha You fooled me. I have to admit it. Got me good. Loved it, Michael. You never disappoint. :-)

Elena Solodow said...

aha! A salamander...I was kinda stumped on this one. But I love the voice.

erica and christy said...

I have to admit, growing up in an area where there are tons of salamandars (that my tomboy sister kept bringing home), I'd equate them more with water, so I had no idea that it would become your fire elemental. For them, my S word would have been "slimy".
erica

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Not the direction I was heading and then the amphibian threw me way off. Great fun!

Heather said...

Well done! LOL! I never would have guessed salamander though I must admit.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Salamander? You got me this time, Michael. A great job as always, Roland

jkraus8464 said...

Nicely done! Love the voice. Kind of devilish and dark and creaturey. And the picture topped it off. You are awesome!

Summer Ross said...

- I had no clue- brain dead from homework- I agree that the voice in this piece was wonderful LOL very full of himself isn't he.

Linda Gray said...

This was really fun to read, Michael. I LOVE salamanders. They just get honed into tougher salamanders by the fire. Aren't they the ones that can regrow their tails if they lose them?

Trisha said...

Yeah, I was another clueless one :P

I agree that the A-Z has been a challenge. I guess that's why it has 'challenge' in the name though :D Still, I feel exhausted!! lol

Nicki Elson said...

I shall never look at salamanders the same way again! He did have a rather slithery, sexy "voice," I must admit.

Morgan said...

LOL! I love his voice! Too fun. That little guy's got attitude ;)

Man, what a brilliant angle you took this challenge, Michael! Wish I had been following you then! Not sure anyone could top this. :D