Saturday, April 30, 2011

ON ZEPHER WINDS A GOD IS BORN ....

Well, we finally made it to the end of the A-Z Challenge. 26 post in 30 days was quite the challenge for sure. I hope you all enjoyed my flash fiction stories as much as I had writing them. I must admit it was taxing at times. Thank you all for visiting and commenting. I appreciate and admire you all.

I would also like to thank you for the WONDERFUL birthday wishes! You guys ROCK! I had a great day in Epcot and the weather was perfect. And now for my final Z post. This one should be easy to guess, but many probably never knew the story from the beginning. I know I didn't until I did the research. I hope you all have an incredible weekend. I will see you all on Monday.


The heavens swirled, the oceans churned, and the winds carried messages across the globe of Mother Earth’s new born child: a deity of tremendous power. 
Cronus bent the Titans to his will and reigned over Earth with a iron fist.
Gala foresaw a shift in power. She informed her son. “Beware, a child of yours will over power you and become ruler Olympus.”
Cronus’ wife, Rhea bore her first child, Hestia, whom Cronus swallowed whole. “No child of mine will over rule me!” he bellowed.
Distraught over the lose of her child, Rhea seduced her husband and vowed to protect her unborn child. Powerless against his tyranny, Cronus devoured Demeter, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon. 
In desperation, Rhea concocts a potion and bedded with her husband. Unknown to him she bore the child in secret.
Raised by a loyal nymph, the baby grew up to become a strong and powerful god. He returned to mount Olympus and confronted his father. With one swift switch of his blade, he cut open his father’s stomach and released his siblings.
Now powerless, Cronus’ son released all his father had imprisoned, The GIgantes, Cyclopes, Hecatonchires, and all Cronus’ siblings. 
With his new found allies and acquired knowledge of creating lightning bolts, He waged war on the remaining Titans. 
Overthrown, He banished the them to Tarturus to be punished for eternity guarded by the Gigantes. Because of his strong alliance to Cronus, He singled Atlas out  to bear the weight of the world on his shoulders forever.
Zeus crowned himself king of Olympus and the lord of the sky, and then delegated to his brothers Poseidon and Hades, rule of the oceans and the Underworld.




25 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't mythology wonderful? Loved this. Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!

Congrats on finishing the A-Z blogfest!! Your flash fiction was a real treat to read every day. Are you as burned out as I am? LOL.

Have a relaxing weekend :))

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Zeus' origin was never done better. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Epcot. May this next year bring only bigger and better surprises your way, Roland

Heather said...

Zeus, ah one of my favorites! He is the perfect one to end the challenge with!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Michael, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful mythology twist :) I always enjoy coming here and i am sure will continue to do so.

N. R. Williams said...

What an imagination. All those people still alive inside their dad. Ugh. Great story. I read the birthday post too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

dolorah said...

Awesome. A nice rendition of Zeus' origins and the take over of Mt Olympus.

Have a good weekend Michael.

.......dhole

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Congrats on finishing the A-Z, Michael. It was quite a ride.

Susan Oloier said...

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday, Michael. I am tremendously sorry I am late with my wishes.
The way you write makes me want to explore mythology (something I have been reluctant to do b/c of the somewhat stale writing I've seen associated with it). Your writing is absolutely magical. Congrats on a successful Challenge!

Robyn Campbell said...

Loved this Michael. Your writing ALWAYS transports me. You rocked on the challenge. Congrads.

And I missed your birthday. I am kicking myself. Happy late birthday. I hope your day was as sweet as you make our days when we come to visit you. :-)

Unknown said...

Can I come live in your garden?

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

zepher...love that.

Congrats on finishing the challenge.

The Words Crafter said...

OH!!! Happy late Birthday!!! This was a fantastic retelling of Zeus' birth. Well done :)

Theres just life said...

The mighty Zeus. What a fitting end.
This month has been a wild ride. I have enjoyed and learned so much.

Pamela Jo
http://theresjustlifeyaliveit.blogspot.com

LTM said...

isn't Greek mythology fun? I love reading about stuff like that, and cool action figure.

DANGIT, can't believe I missed your b'day. HAPPY BELATED!!! ((bear hugs))

The wather has been perfect around here. I bet you had a ball at Epcot. :o) <3

Arlee Bird said...

You made it a grand royal style. Great job completing this month of letters. Congratulations!


Lee
Tossing It Out

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on finishing the a-z challenge, Michael! Are you going to continue doing daily posts? I'm going back to my Sunday and Thursday schedule...it gives me more time to read other people's posts. :)

Unknown said...

Aha, Zeus! It had to be him for Z :-)
Well done for all your flash fiction writing during this challenge!

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! :)

I had known a little about Zeus's origins--but not that much. Loved reading this post!

Anonymous said...

Another cool post, sir. And congrats on surviving this year's A to Z!

Danette said...

Congratulations on winning the Kentucky Derby Contest of Awesome! Birthday luck was on your side!!! Now you just have to pick the winner and I can't wait to hear! Best wishes!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Happy Birthday late!

I've loved reading your blogs and having you comment on mine.

Hoping I can continue to post regularly, but I need to write a lot of pages for my new book this month to meet a deadline!

Congratulations!

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

Brooke R. Busse said...

I must be physic or something because I knew it was Zeus before I even started reading. XD

ali cross said...

That's the best title ever. And an awesome story! I've always loved all sorts of mythology!

Nicki Elson said...

Bravo! Zeus. How perfect for your ending post on this classical, fantastical, floral, wonderful collection of A to Z stories.