Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BLOGGING BUDDIES .... WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THEM!

Today on this gloomy Wednesday morning in Chicago, I am reminded of the glow and warmth of my blogging family.  This is a tribute to all of you and our community. Before I explore the joys and wonders of our community I would first like to welcome my new friends to my fold.

Paula, Anne, Sue, Rebecca, Ellen, Rosiland, Carolina, Wendy, Marina, Stephanie, Jen, Barbara, San, and Libby I am thrilled to have the opportunity to grow and learn the wonders of our world from each other. YES, this is a world.

Never have I found such caring, kind, intelligent, and helpful people. I started blogging at the end of last year and I quickly realized what a special community we are all apart of. I have made literally hundreds of friends from across the globe. We have to be the luckiest generation of writers to write. We have the internet and in seconds our messages and comments are whisked across the blogosphere. Not only can we communicate to people  from other cultures, we have a rare opportunity to learn about their culture, family, politics, and country. How AWESOME is that?

Yesterday I came across several blogs helping in the relief of our country's tornado and flooding disasters and before that writers have donated their works for anthologies for the relief of Japan and Queensland. In these turbulent and uncertain times, knowing all of you are out there showing your love and support brings peace and joy to my heart. Please understand how special each and every one of you are. You mean the world to me and I just wanted to let you all know that.

SO my friends I leave you with this thought, never give up on your hopes and dreams. Never give up on life .... keep fighting. And, never give up on our community. We all need each other.

Have a pleasant and loving Wednesday.

Michael




Here's to you.... remember our hobbit friends never gave up!

23 comments:

Summer Ross said...

I agree- this community has been a privilege to know, learn, and share with.

Johanna Garth said...

Michael, you completely summed up my experience with blogging so far. It's amazing to be able to make friends with such a wide, varied and warm group of people!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'd buy you a cappucino but you're several states away. Here's a virtual coffee for you though ==>[_]D

Heather said...

It is an honor being a part of you lovely people, for sure. :)

Linda Gray said...

So so true, Michael. Bloggers are a wonderful community to belong to! I feel lucky every day.

Misha Gerrick said...

We definitely are a great community. In fact it sometimes makes other groups pale in comparison.

Have a great day!

:-)

Luanne G. Smith said...

It's a great group out there in blog land. Very good people. :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Michael, what an amazing post. I feel the same way about you. Sorry I haven't gotten by, I've been sick.

Our blogging circle is better than any other. Here's to you, my friend. *cheers*

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I never would've made it without the help of my blogging buddies!

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Here's some applause right back at-cha! The blogging community is indeed very special.

Laura said...

And you've just proved exactly what you were talking about. A big smile at the end of a bad day. Cheers :)
Lxxx

Roland D. Yeomans said...

This community, as you say, is one of the warmest, friendliest that I have found, Michael. I love the clapping Hobbits, by the way! Roland

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh. We love you too Michael :)

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Thank you for giving special mention to those who have helped and remembered those affected by nature throughout the world.

I applaud them and you!

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

You said it all! ;)

best
F

N. R. Williams said...

Wonderful post Michael. I love the hobbits clapping like mad. LOL
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Nicki Elson said...

It really is an interactive window to the worlds isn't it? And I 100% agree with you that now is a great time to be a writer---SO many opportunities to share and get valuable feedback.

ali cross said...

Oh! I love seeing them clapping! Such a fun scene and it makes me so happy to see them there! With the pop-up box, I can see them clapping even while I comment. Love!

And I am with you 100%. Bloggers are stellar people and my life is enriched by each person I come into contact with in this big ol' blogosphere!

dolorah said...

Thanks Michael. You're special too :)

.........dhole

RaShelle Workman said...

Love my blogger buddies!!! =D

Anonymous said...

Well said, this is a fabulous community. Thanks Michael right back at you.

erica and christy said...

I have had to abandon blogging for the month of May, but I'm soon to be back. We'll meet again, I swear!!
erica

Margo Kelly said...

Well said! :)