So for this week I would like to give a big an warm welcome to Paula, Ann, Sue, Rebecca, Ellen, and Rosalind. I will definitely be popping by you blogs this week to say "Hi."
Today I also have an award to give out. The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. It was given to me by Susan Oloier of Memoirs of a Writer. Susan, who is incredibly sweet herself, honored me with this award a few weeks ago. I met her during the challenge and she was and still is a wonderfully supportive friend. I appreciated all of her kind comments during the challenge and she gave my ego a boost when I really needed it. It has been a trying time for me lately with the rejection letters piling up, and if it weren't for friends like Susan I would really freak.
Of course this award comes with a few rules. I have always had a tendency to bend rules just a bit, but I will do what I can. I already thanked Susan. That is the first. Now seven things about myself. Since it's been AGES since I wrote about myself it's time for my new friends to know a few things about me.
1. I love ANYTHING creative. I love to write, draw, paint, create things for my home, etc.
2. I LOVE the holidays, especially Christmas. I plan a few months ahead on how I am going to decorate and what I am going to make.
3. I am an INSANE Harry Potter fan. I have already been to Wizarding World in Orlando, Florida about ten times on my two visits there in the past year. My dream is to fly to England and do one of the HP tours there.
4. I became a writer when my Interior Design business took a plunge two years ago. Although I still have a few loyal clients, I barely make it. But on the plus side it gives me the extra time to write and illustrate my books. Now I am querying my first book Amber and the Whispering Willows like crazy.
5. I love anything vintage. I live in a stunning vintage condo built in 1913. The details are AMAZING. Plaster moldings, nine-foot ceilings, and hardwood floors. I have a terrific view of Lincoln Park from seven windows and I can also see downtown in the winter months before the trees fill in for the spring and summer.
6. I enjoy blogging more than anything. It enables me to keep in touch with other writers and information that has really been an important part of my life the past year.
7. After ten weeks in Florida, I am rejuvenated and can't wait to take Chicago by storm this summer. Many friends are visiting, so I will be playing host. It should be a blast!
So now you all know more about me. Now I must pass this on to new friends. Although this award states it must be fifteen people. I don't wish to take up to much of you time so I will just award this to any of my blogger family who wishes to have it. TO ME you are ALL SWEET and deserve it!
Let's make this HUMP DAY a memorable one!