Saturday, June 18, 2011

BRENDS DRAKE'S REDESIGN BOOK COVER BLOGFEST ...

This weekend Brenda Drake is Hosting the Redesign Book Cover Blogfest Contest. You can either redesign a cover from a classic OR design a cover of you own work, which I did.

Cassandra Marshal fabulous agent intern/freelance editor extrordinaire is offering a cover design as the prize. You have until midnight on the 20th to enter at Brenda Drake Writes ... So drop by and enter or just hop around to the other entries.


My cover design is the cover I created for my first m/g fantasy novel AMBER AND THE WHISPERING WILLOWS. I not only designed the cover, but I also painted the illustration. If you'd like to view the full illustration just click on to My Illustrations at the top of my blog.

So here is my entry... I hope you like it... let me know what you think...  If you have a problem viewing the cover let me know and I can email it to you. Also several people commented on the medium. This was acrylic painted on canvas.





16 comments:

Kimberlee Turley said...

These were all very imaginative, and I especially liked the Power Tea illustration.

What medium did you use on the cover?

Margo Benson said...

I adore this cover and the accompanying illustrations. (I think Jasper's secret is my favourite)

Apart from your drawing talent, they show such sensitivity and heart.

Unknown said...

How lucky I am to have a family with such talent. Both my daughters are wonderful artists and you little bro are amazing as well :)

Heather said...

The picture won't show up for me! :( I tried reloading but it's being stubborn. From the comments above I'm sure it's brilliant though!

Libby said...

Same problem, I can't see it either but it sounds cool so I want to see it.

Michaele Stoughton said...

I couldn't see it either, but if you click on My Illustrations at the top you can see it.
Wow! You do beautiful work! I'm also curious what program or medium you used.

Talli Roland said...

That's a great contest and prize! For some reason, I can't see your cover, though - the image isn't coming up. Wah.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Brenda Drake said...

Beautiful cover art for AMBER AND THE WHISPERING WILLOWS. You are so talented, Michael! :D

erica and christy said...

Your cover is a red X? Just kidding, it won't load for me, either. Usually I only have that trouble on my work computer, weird...
erica

Ellie Garratt said...

I'm so sorry for taking this long to comment on your blogfest entry - I was ill over the weekend and have only now felt up to going online.

Your cover isn't showing for me either :( Hope it's fixed soon!

Ellie Garratt

Anstice Brown said...

Hi Michael, I can't view the image for some reason, could you email it to me please? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hey there, I can't see the image either... ?

Eliza Tilton said...

love the illustrations!

Sarah Billington said...

How weird that half can see it and th other half can't. Alas, I'm part of the CAN'T see the cover demographic. But it sounds pretty?

J.C. Martin said...

Um, is it just me or can I not see it? :/ Oh, and I'm intrigued by your important announcement! Looking forward to tomorrow! Received your questions and will get them back to you ASAP!

Justin W. Parente said...

I think the painting is great and this is me personally speaking from a B.A. point of view, but I always love when I can see the texture of canvas coming through the painting. The wash is rich, yet thin enough to give it that appearance.

Thanks for sharing!