Tuesday, April 10, 2012

FOUR DAYS WITHOUT ACCESS! CATCHING UP WITH A-Z POSTS

Hi, All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter/Passover weekend. I am finally back with internet access... YAY!
So, as you know I am several days behind on the A-Z challenge. I hope you all understand.

Thank you new friends for following. Now that I have internet access again, I will be visiting you sometime today or tomorrow.

So far the challenge has been so awesome. I did manage to visit a few of you last week, but I hope to visit LOTS more this week.

To keep my post easy to read I will only post G and H today and tomorrow I and J. Hopefully by Thursday I will be caught up. Thanks for your patience.

I hope you enjoy a fun G riddle and another fantasy flash fiction for H.


I am a creature of several sorts. I walk on four legs as well as two. My wirehair brush fur keeps me warm, but I am not always covered in it. 
Many of my kind hibernate in the frozen winter months. We love the warmth of the sun, but many of us don’t see the light of day.
If I reveal too much more you will find out almost too easily who or what I am. So you will have to guess with only these few clues.
Leave your answers in the comments ... please.




Flittering sapphire, emerald, and ruby colored fairies flitter by a glistening pond, their reflections captured in every detail: a moving work of art featured on the water’s crystal clear surface.
A voyeur watches with a keen and calculating eye. A buzzing dragonfly breaks his concentration for a brief moment. With the flick of his ear, it zooms toward the fairies. 
Instantly he draws a flute to his lips and pipes out a few melodic notes. In mid flight, the dragonfly turns, loop-de-loops back toward him, and lands on his shoulder. As still as a statue, it gazes at the fairies.
Pan continues his harmony as the fairies glide on the pond, skating over the tranquil water, hypnotizes the dragonfly. 
A grin, unbecoming to any creature, etches into Pan’s rugged features. His intentions only too obvious to him.

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Michael! No worries. Is the first one a bear?

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Groundhog!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misha Gerrick said...

Hello! Haven't been by in the longest time. How have you been doing?

Bad luck on missing a few days on the challenge. I'm sure it doesn't matter all that much.

Loved your flash fiction. :-)

nutschell said...

Glad you're back on line! I'm sure you'll catch up in no time.
Happy A-Zing!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Roland D. Yeomans said...

The other Michael seems to have gotten the G post right. Groundhog. What fun. I've missed you, Roland

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The short piece was as mesmerizing as the flute.

Laura said...

Beautiful flash, Michael. Reminded me of the magical scene in The Wind in the Willows, where the baby otter is found at Pan's feet.
Lovely to have you back
Laura xxx

Melissa said...

I was going to say 'bear,' but I'm not sure. I'll be different and go with 'hedgehog.' Anyhow, nice post(s).

I've missed making the blog rounds, but I don't have as good of an excuse as you. ha! Glad you're back among the cyber-living. :)

Heather said...

So glad to hear that you got your internet back!

Jeremy Bates said...

Oooh, I hate when I lose my Internet. Glad you're back and participating in the challenge.

I won't guess the animal as I believe someone has.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael. Must have been tough without internet.

I'm not even going to try to guess as I've been swayed by other opinions. Lovely writing.

Denise