Monday, February 25, 2013

JOURNEYS INTO PLACES UNKNOWN .... WHERE WILL YOURS TAKE YOU? ....

Another Monday ....


An usual storm rolls over the bright azure skies to a gun-metal gray. Winds kick to unregistered mph as thunder cracks. "Damn. Why does it ALWAYS happen? I'm always lulled into a false sense of security. Chicago weather is so frickin' unpredictable."

I continue my journey, skirting the lakefront. Ferocious winds rip through my face and my fingertips freeze and numb. As I reposition my scarf that unraveled and took flight, a flash sparked out of the corner of my eye.

My head snaps. "What the ...." With bulging eyes, my jaw drops and a massive shiny metal monster floats toward the shore. Fire kicks from the rear of the object, catapulting the vessel to eye level. My lids blink feverishly, not fully comprehending the situation.

A clear voice calls out "Hey, Michael. Need a lift?"

Thunderstruck, I see a flash of a smile. As my vision clears the face smiles again and a hand waves.

"It's me .... Come on board, I need your help."

I shake my head, and the letters etched into the side of the vessel register through my memory. "It can't be?" I muttered. I shout over the roaring jets, "ALEX?"

He nods, beaming brighter than the lights on the aircraft. "Let's go. We're needed elsewhere. I'll fill you in on all the details as we streak to our next destination."

A side door opens and a bridge floats towards me. "Yes, Ninja Captain Alex." The smile already carved into my face broadens. I leap onto the bridge and race inside  ...


The JOURNEY continues ...





CassaStorm
http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/

Release date: September 13th, 2013

TUNE IN TOMORROW for the next exciting segment!

35 comments:

  1. Michael, that rocks!!! Thanks so much, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shakes fist at Monday*

    Loved this Michael! Very clever way to announce the Ninja Captain's latest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing. Seriously. If not now, soon, you're going to be picked up. This is a great way introduce CassaStorm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to present a book, Michael. A fantasy trip with the Capt'n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...that was so clever!! What a cool getaway from unpredictable weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is a fantastic lead into Alex's cover! I can totally see the ninja Captain piloting a spaceship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, fabulous presentation! Nicely done, Michael! And the book cover is great, Alex! Those spidery ships are scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your morning walks sure are exciting, Mikey :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee! That was great! Now I really want to hop on board. When will I get picked up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best introduction ever! I hope Alex picks us all up that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome way to present Alex's cover! I can imagine him swooping alongside you in a ship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very awesome! That was some great chocolate writing.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool. Did you really meet the Ninja!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful introduction to his book. While you're on board, find that cloning machine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative. And had me missing living by Lake Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok.....Ok...now what TIME tomorrow?
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and Alex rolling in a spaceship. I love it.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like the opening to a blockbuster movie....that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, well done, Michael! Love Alex's cover and what a magnificent introduction. Totally hooked me.

    ~VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha too cute, Michael! A very nice intro to Alex's book. I'm sure he loved it! See you in Fla soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great intro! I'd love to come along too for a ride!
    You are getting very, very good at baiting readers. I'm sure Alex is glad. I'm hooked!

    Remind me to let you review my book if I ever get it written and PUBLISHED!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you did that, Michael. That's the best cover reveal yet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! I love this. What a great way to introduce Alex's new book. Which looks fantastic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL!!! omg--this is AWESOME!! I want to go, y'all come get me! Indy's real, real close! :D

    Love this, BB~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa! I so hope that really happened. I want to ride in that ship, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sounds so cool!
    I love your writing too! What an original intro to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh I can't wait for CassaStorm. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was definitely the coolest cover reveal ever!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wanted you to know that you won a 15 dollar Amazon card from my giveaway.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!! I loved this little vignette. I could just hear you about the weather, too. LOL Seriously, this is so imaginative and wonderful, I didn't want it to stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah-hahaha! Oh my gosh. I'm in love with this. Sooooo awesome. Strangely enough, I can totally see this happening. I can see Alex's flash of a smile and your shocked face! Seriously too fun! Man, Michael, you could write Space Opera. Add that to your list of to-do's?

    ReplyDelete