Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A GUIDING LIGHT?...

Streaks of bright, amber light rifts the midnight blue sky and Herald shield’s his eyes with a gauntleted forearm. 

The intensity wavers and Herald peers to the heavens. His parched mouth hangs open as gossamer wings glide on the wind gently caressing the angelic being.

Sweat breaks out on his face and an arctic shiver races through his body. He stares intently at her incredible beauty as all thoughts of his family fade from this breathtaking spectacle.

Herald shakes his head and comes to his senses.

“What is it that you wish of me?” he asks, brushing the sweat from his brow.

“I seek your protection.” Her voices strums a thousand harp strings, resonating through his core.

“But why? You are of another world. An advanced one. and I…” He swallows hard. “…I am a mere mortal.”

She pursers her rosy lips. “You shall do as I ask or suffer the consequences.”

He lowers his head. “As you wish, but I have failed at this task before. I have already lost my twin and my remaining siblings need my protection. I cannot let anything happen to them.”

She remains silent…

Family and blood. Family and blood. Repeats through Herald’s mind.

Who is this ethereal beauty?

Is she a danger to him?



Golden Dawn 

by Aldrea Alien





On April 18th, 2014…

She’ll be coming for you!



Links:



Now this is one terrifying premise. She certainly caught my attention!

All the best, Aldrea, with the launch of your exciting new book!

Looks like here’s another amazing book to add to your TBR’S everyone. Sorry, I just introduce them, not write them. LOL.

I hope you all are enjoying the challenge!


HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE. Prepare yourself for another exciting book tomorrow!

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She sounds like trouble...
Another awesome intro!

Unknown said...

Great job Bro! Tell me are you reading all these books? How are you coming up with these intros?

Jack said...

Wow! First of all, that cover is amazing. Second, I love the summary! Sounds like it will be a family story, and those are rare.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Awesome intro Michael. And I love the book cover.

Unknown said...

Great intro Michael!

D.G. Hudson said...

Those angels, always causing a stir! And interesting how they need mere mortals to interact on our plane of existence. You set the stage well on this one, Michael! Good luck to Aldrea.

cleemckenzie said...

Well, now I guess I have to find out who the ethereal beauty is and just how much danger she's placing Hearld in. Nicely presented, Michael. Great cover, too. Carries out the ethereal theme.

Donea Lee said...

Congrats to Aldrea! And, hello Michael!! Just wanted to pop over and say "Hi!" It's been awhile - just saw the news on your bio that you might have an upcoming offer??? *fingers crossed* Best of luck! Happy writing ~

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Loved that intro. Very exciting and ominous.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Great Intro. Like every beautiful woman I know -- this one seems trouble ... and selfish. :-)

Jo said...

Beautiful but bossy eh? She does sound like trouble.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful cover and review to match Michael.
Yvonne.

Michelle Wallace said...

The cover matches your intro! Another good one.

Aldrea Alien said...

Nice intro. ^_^ Thanks for the feature!

Stephen Tremp said...

Congrats! to Andrea and best wishes to her and Golden Dawn! I have an ethereal beauty in my second book. Run. Run away as fast as you can!

Loni Townsend said...

Mere mortal. *chuckles* Wait until the world finds out. :D