Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CALLING ALL WRITERS...

"This a public access announcement...

"Please stayed tuned for a completely novel approach to networking...

"ARE YOU one of those writers who is terrified not to let anyone read your work? Scared that, perhaps, someone might SNATCH your brilliant premise or idea away from you?

"OR, ARE YOU not willing to share your BRILLIANCE with other writers?

"ARE YOU, perhaps, terrified of SUCCESS?

"OR, ARE YOU, just plain TOO SHY?

"The answer my friends is READ THIS BOOK..."

SHOW YOUR WORK

10 ways to share your creativity and get discovered.

by

Austin Kleon



"It's about getting FINDABLE...

"About using the network instead of waisting time 'networking'

"Embrace your communal nature of creativity- your 'ecology of talent...'"

Amazon: Link


Hi, Everyone, when I found this book on Goodreads last week. It hit me like a kick from a mule. Austen Kleon is a NYTimes best seller and we ALL need to read what he has to say about getting ourselves out there. I can't wait to read this book and learn how to get my "talent" discovered. 

We should all have a copy of this in our personal library...

As a matter of fact, I think I will treat myself to a copy for my birthday! Weeee another year older. But to me it's another year of learning my craft, connecting with all of my AWESOME peeps in the blogosphere and another year closer to PUBLICATION! 

Writers are AGELESS... never forget it! 

SO have a birthday cupcake and some champagne and keep the PARTY GOING! WE ALL have something to celebrate... JUST ONE MORE DAY to COMPLETE THIS CHALLENGE....YAY!!!!!!!

I've tried to blow out this candle but can't! LOL.



CELEBRATE LIFE!!!


QUICK GET A GLASS!

See you all tomorrow!



36 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday, Michael!! Hope you get out and do something fun today.
Will pick up that book - thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Michael, have a grand day. I will have a cup cake and think of you.
Yvonne.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! :D
Have some fun today.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Alex! You're welcome!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I'll do my best, Yvonne!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Melissa...

Planning on it!

Jack said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!!

I should add this to my buy list. Sounds very helpful

Robin said...

Happy birthday! We writers are AGELESS. I like it:)

Bish Denham said...

Happy Birthday, Michael! I'm thinking I should look into that book.

Jo said...

Have a great birthday Michael. I brought my glass. I will leave the cake to you though.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Happy Birthday Michael. We writers are indeed ageless.

Michelle Wallace said...

Happy Birthday Michael!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Happy Birthday, too, Michael!! I left you an early birthday greeting on your Facebook page. It sounds like a fantastic book. May you have nothing but happy surprises on your day -- and many of them!

cleemckenzie said...

Finally, someone has come up with cake and champagne! I thought it would never happen. Thanks for the book mention and have a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to that! Three Cheers for the Birthday Boy!!!

Susan Oloier said...

Happy Birthday, Michael. I hope it's amazing!

Julie Flanders said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Michael!!! Hope it's a great one. And thanks for the book recommendation, definitely one I want to get.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

Carol Riggs said...

Happy happy birthday! I like those kinds of cupcakes; less fattening. ;o) Looks like a great book! I got a book last week called EVERYDAY BOOK MARKETING from a local bookstore; the author (Midge Raymond) gave an informative talk. It promises to have likewise good tips!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks for the warm wishes, Jack!

Michael Di Gesu said...

We are indeed, Robin...

Thanks!

Michael Di Gesu said...

It's totally worth looking into, Bish...I'm getting a copy for sure!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Jo! Have a cupcake, too... it is so dietetic. I've been eating them all day and haven't gained an ounce. LOL!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thank you, Rachna.... We are! We are!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks Michelle! So far, so good!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Roland.... So nice of you! I'll check it out on Facebook...

LOVE surprises... as long as they are good!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Lee.... OF COURSE! Cake and champagne is the best!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks, Sam.... Cheers!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Susan...

SO GREAT to see you! Thanks!

Michael Di Gesu said...

My pleasure... that's what my theme was all about to introduce all kinds of interesting book! I plan on getting this one myself!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks Melanie!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Me, too, Carol!

I'll have to check it out!

mshatch said...

Happy Birthday, Michael - and I think I'll toast to you tonight with a little Proseco :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Is today your birthday. Happy day for you. Lifting my mug of chai to you.

Rumer Haven said...

Raising a toast to you, *clink*!
Yeesh, this book certainly sounds like what I need. I'm cripplingly shy about sharing my work but getting better as of the last year and hoping to improve in the coming one. Your blog has become such a nice writerly haven to come to and will surely help me reach this shared goal. :)

Loni Townsend said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

I'll check out that book, and I hope to see some of your work out there soon.