Monday, November 10, 2014

REEMERGING FROM A LONG SILENCE...NEWS!

Hi, All,

So sorry I missed the IWSG on Wednesday, but I have been in a whirlwind lately! In the past three weeks my life has turned upside down, BUT in a good way!

I FINALLY have a contract on my condo and close on the 21st! YAY! It took over six months but I finally found the right buyer who absolutely loves my place. SO as you all can imagine I have been frantically packing, searching for a new place to live, and doing ALL THE PAPER WORK needed to accomplish these two major tasks. Plus working on a huge design project for a client I had signed in late September.

I must remain in Chicago for another year to finish all my work, but thankfully I found an AMAZING apt, just steps away from my former condo. SO I'm still in my familiar neighborhood but it will be a whole new experience. I will be residing on the 17th floor in a Mies Van der Rohe building with a panoramic view of Lincoln Park, Lake Michigan, and Downtown Chicago. The view is heart stopping from the wall of ceiling to floor windows facing south! Stunning barely describes it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

I am currently in NY looking for my FUTURE condo now. Real estate is going up, so I need to find something affordable quickly, because by next year it will get too expensive for me. Sadly I can't afford the city, but I found a very cool space in Scarsdale NY, a story book town just 33 minutes from downtown NYC by train. It's a great space that is currently a doctor's office. I'll be converting it into a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath. You know how I LOVE  a good challenge.

I know most of you know I love Florida, especially in the winter, but I am from NYC and it is home for me. It's time to return home. PLUS all the publishers are here and I know for my writing and Interior design work, this is a better option for me. The town I'll be moving to eventually is very affluent. I already have two projects for the future. People I have met on my stay here who have residences that need sprucing up.

I have plans to escape to Florida over Thanksgiving for ten days to do the new Diagon Alley, etc. I've had a tough few years and now it's time for me to act like a KID again. LOL. I'll definitely post pics when I'm there.

I hope to visit all of you soon. I am currently in a Starbucks because my brother's place in NY doesn't have wireless, and I don't like his computer... old and slow. I need my Macbook. LOL.

I hope all of you are doing well!

I'll be driving back to Chicago on Wednesday morning. SO, I should be able to catch up with all of you over the weekend. Thankfully most of my packing is done. I just have the walk in closet to tackle. The movers are coming on Mon. the 17th to move me to my new home. That's when I'll be crazed again, setting up the new place and filling the holes, touching up the paint, and cleaning my condo for the new owner. I want to leave it perfect for her since she doesn't plan on painting. I did paint a few years ago, so it is in good shape. BUT, I still have to make it presentable. I am a perfectionist after all. I know you all can relate to that. LOL.

I miss you all terribly and I wanted to make sure everything was set before I told you all my news. This is the happiest I've been in a very long time. Now I just need that contract for my novel to make life really perfect!

In Time...

HUGS EVERYONE!!!

47 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you! Glad you found a buyer for your condo and a possible place in New York. Sounds like you'll still be facing cold weather and snow.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Your excitement comes through in that post. Glad things are working out as you want them, busy man.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. So much fun setting up a new place. A little stressful of course, but still....what a blast. Can't wait to see the views from those fantastic windows.

H. R. Sinclair said...

You do have a lot going on, but good stuff. Congrats. The view sound wonderful.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I can tell from your excitement that this is going to be good for you, Michael. Wishing you all the best with your move and future plans!

shelly said...

I've been slightly MIA myself. Computer and personal issues.

Love NYC. Hope all moves smoothly for you.

Hugs and chocolate!

Natalie Aguirre said...

A huge congrats to you, Michael! So excited that everything is working out for you.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

So you're not moving to Tampa after all? LOL So good to hear you've sold your condo. How many years worth of packing are you doing?

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Good to hear you're productively busy!! I think I'd need a break to get all that packing done too.

Connie said...

Congratulations on finding a buyer for your condo and for finding new temporary and permanent places to live! Sounds like it's been and will continue to be a very busy time for you! The view from your new apartment sounds amazing.

Yolanda Renée said...

NY was an unexpected surprise, but WOW, how awesome. It all sounds exciting and what a great adventure! So, so happy for you!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Michael, Congrats on selling your condo, and good luck with your move to NYC!!!

Julie Flanders said...

How exciting that you are moving to NY, Michael! It definitely sounds like it is the right thing for you to go home. Take care and have an amazing trip to Florida over the holiday.

Michelle Wallace said...

Yay Michael! I'm thrilled for you!
Good luck with the move to New York!

Chrys Fey said...

I'm glad your life turned upside down for the good. Enjoy your Thanksgiving in Florida. I live here and I have yet to see the new Diagon Alley.

Cherdo said...

Oh, I need to see pictures of your Chicago apartment. It's sounds wonderful.

Your life may have gone topsy turvy, but it sure seems like it is turning out fine in the long run. Good for you, Michael!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I thought you would go to Tampa, but I see your reasoning about New York. Moving is my Kryptonite. I've done too often. No more, please!

I am happy for you. Magic is in your future, my friend, I can feel it. May the world blossom for you like a mystic flower! :-)

mshatch said...

It sounds you'll soon be exactly where you want. You'll have to post pics of your new digs when you get settled in. Glad you sold your condo :)

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations. I'm glad New York is home sweet home for you.

Love,
Janie

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael. I was about to drop you an email to see if the apt had sold. Great news! And NYC! I wasn't expecting that! Probably be easier to catch up as plan to visit NYC and Boston if nowhere else in the US! ((smiles))

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - that's so wonderful to read .. all happy, happy, happy - and I'm glad you've reconnected with your brother ... and as Denise says I wasn't expecting NYC - but it sounds as though life is slotting into place for you - that's such good news.

I'm looking forward to learning more about your new apartment building and seeing the views ... such fun - especially while you're so busy doing other things ...

Enjoy the kid time!! Cheers and am so pleased to read this - Hilary

Morgan said...

Miiiiichael!!!!! We miss YOU!!!!

This is all so wonderful… wonderful with the condo and with you in NY and everything… this all makes me smile SO BIG!!!

Love the update. I think it's magic that you'll be returning home. :)

Jo said...

Glad you found a buyer, not easy I know. I hate moving and although I know we/I will have to move one more time, I am NOT looking forward to it.

Joanne said...

sounds like you are finishing out 2014 in fine style. I hope everything (closings, etc ) go smoothly. Safe travels all around from Chicago to NY to FL and back to FL. NYC is SO cool - that will be awesome. Great to hear from you and looking forward to pics. Take care

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael. I thought I'd come back. Forgot to tell you that I've changed my blog URL so have dropped off everyone's blogroll, so it's very lonely at my place. I hope you will change the address on your blogroll.

New URL:

http://dencovey.blogspot.com

Thanks Michael.

Denise :)

dolorah said...

Oh Michael, I am so happy for you. I am surprised you plan to move to NYC instead of Florida, but I'm glad you will be close to your family. Perhaps some mended ties are in your future as well. How exciting you still get to have your awesome view of Chicago. perhaps this will be enough of a new start for you and will stimulate your creative genius.

Have an awesome thanksgiving, and a safe trip home.

S.A. Larsenăƒƒ said...

Good for you, Michael! Back to NYC ... could there be anything better? I can definitely here the upbeat in your voice, now. It's so nice to hear. Thrilled you're finding solid ground again. ((hugs)) Best of luck with all that packing and settling in.

Suzi said...

Wow. Looks like you have some awesome plans coming up down the road. Good to hear you got your condo sold. That's a big weight gone, I bet.

Have a good trip home.

Empty Nest Insider said...

I can't wait to hear more about your wonderful new place in Chicago with the fabulous views! I'm also excited that you might be renovating an office in New York! It sounds like a very interesting project! Glad things are looking up, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! I'm so jealous that you'll soon be warming up in Florida!

Julie

Melissa said...

Wow! How exciting!
You're forgiven. ;)

Loni Townsend said...

Great news, and a good reason to be away. :)

LD Masterson said...

Good stuff going on in your life. That's great.

Tammy Theriault said...

New York new yorkkkkk...duh duh duh da da duh. sorry, got lost in the song! I just hope that doctor's office is....sterile. bwahahaha.. good luck my dear man!

klahanie said...

Greetings human, Michael,

Oh, have you been away from the world of blogging? :) Arf!

It seems that you, along with my humans, have been having some upheavals. Indeed, the pawsitive aspects, after the whirlwind, make it all worth while.

Keep going, my human friend.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny :)

Steven said...

Exciting news! Life is good when things are crazy positive, so enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Michael. Lots of exciting things happening for you.

DMS said...

So happy for you that you sold your condo and found a place to rent. Awesome to also find a place for the future within 30 minutes of NYC. Yeah! :)
~Jess

Heather said...

Congratulations on selling your condo, that's fantastic!!!

Al Diaz said...

I'm very glad to hear things are working out so well for you. Please do take pictures of that sight from the 17th floor. I bet the sight is amazing. Take good care of yourself!

Jay Noel said...

Fantastic news. You know, I have a buddy of mine who JUST closed on a condo in Chicago. Sounds like its at least really close to your (old) place.

Jack said...

This is such wonderful news for you! I am so happy for you! Sounds exciting and I hope it all goes smoothly!!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations on selling and finding an apartment and especially the place in NY - can't wait to see photos as you update the space!

David P. King said...

You sound even busier than me! That's great, and I'm hopeful that you will find something affordable (and close) to where you wish to be. The greatest of luck to you, Sir! :)

Truedessa said...

Well, I for one love New York..best of luck to you..

cleemckenzie said...

While I've been on break, it seems you've been busily productive. Congrats on that. Here's to that NY relocation. I know you'll love it there.

Theresa Milstein said...

Hi, Michael. I was stopping by to see if there was any news on the Big C project and I see you have all sorts of good news. Congratulations! I'm from NY and visit every couple of months. I wish you the best.

Stephanie Faris said...

Congratulations. That's awesome!!! Glad to hear you're going home. There's no place like home, I've found.