Wednesday, February 7, 2018

FEBRUARY .... INSECURITIES ARE A PART OF LIFE...HOW WE DEAL WITH THEM IS ANOTHE MATTER!

Hi All,



So sorry for posting so late, but I just remembered! I missed last month because of the holidays and coming back to Florida to deal with a whole other DRAMA...

But first, I'd like to apologize for being so scarce these past few months. I have been keeping an eye out here and there, but with moving, construction of a new kitchen, and the holidays, the days/months have flown by. I even missed the IWSG Twitter pitch, which I still can't believe I forgot!

Thank you, Alex for always being there for the community and CONGRATS on another year as the top 100 sites for writers....YAY! AND for those who are not familiar with this group.... PLEASE drop by and visit Alex and his site to sign up!

Even though I haven't felt like much of a writer, my heart is still with all of you and the community. I have been doing a LOT of reading, hoping that will help with me to write again. I've read a few of my favorite CLASSICS.... BRONTE'S, WUTHERING HEIGHTS and DICKEN'S, A TALE OF TWO CITIES.... Talk about anxiety and hardships! WE don't know how lucky we are to have what we have! I'm currently reading a Harry Potter novel, ORDER OF THE PHOENIX... It's one I haven't read in AGES and although it is full of so much "DRAMA," there are so many comical elements to it. I also attended the CELEBRATION OF HP at UNIVERSAL a few weekends ago and it was AMAZING how many people are "Potterheads" from ALL age groups. I even saw people in their 70's wearing Hogwarts' robes.... Goes to show you how books can really affect people's lives! SO KEEP WRITING!!!!!

In my title, I touched on how SO MANY insecurities are apart of our lives and through these, our writing is effected. I am living proof of that. LIFE can be such a drainer for our creativity. SO many people and circumstances pulling at us. I am shocked and saddened because these circumstances sucked the desire and will for me to write.... ALTHOUGH... As I was walking my pup the other morning the sky was such a beautiful shade of periwinkle blue and the gibbous moon carved such a lovely shape, I was inspired to write a few opening lines to perhaps a potential story... Maybe, just maybe, the fog is lifting for me.... time will tell.

SO we, who are in major slumps, NEED to keep our eyes and hearts open for inspiration. It comes in all forms from a lovely sky, a child's laugh, or the bloom of spring's first flowers....

Working through life's anxieties is NOT EASY, but keeping an open heart is the key. Always remember that my lovely friends.... 

Sending you tidings of hope and love to you all!!!!!

Thanks again to Alex and the co-hosts for this month.... Don't be TOO SHOCKED if you see me dropping by to say hi! It's about time for me to come out of my self imposed hibernation.....


Have a WONDERFUL Day~~~~










24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you missed the Twitter pitch! There is another one this July.
Hopefully your insanity is coming into a calm soon. Sounds like you are right around the corner from diving back into writing again.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Attitude is everything and it sounds like you have a good one. I went through long periods where I couldn't write due to traumatic events. That's great that you're reading.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yes, you have a great attitude and you will prevail.

I love Universal. When we went 2 years ago, there were Harry Potter fanatics everywhere. (I was just one of the Minion fanatics. LOL)

emaginette said...

Those tiding are very welcome and are gladly returned. I've been looking at different places of inspiration as well. Drawing of all things. Oh, it's ugly and at the same time very soothing.

Anna from elements of emaginette

Denise Covey said...

Michael, I love how you were inspired by the periwinkle blue sky and the gibbous moon...shows your creativity might have been in hibernation, not really asleep. I envy you your reading list. I never tire of picking up the classics...teaching them gives me good reason to hide in a corner and rediscover why I love Jane Eyre so much.

I hope your dramas subside and that you get your mojo back very soon. A talent such as yours should not be hidden. So many of us believe in you...you know who I mean...:-)

Shannon Lawrence said...

I hope things improve for you and you can get back to your creative soul.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - at least you're reading and thinking and creating inspiring phrases ... all things will lead back to writing and that paper (or internet) trail! Cheers Hilary

Michelle Wallace said...

That's an awesome reading list, Michael!
Even if you haven't been writing much, at least you've been reading!

Yes, it's a good idea to get out of your self-imposed hibernation, the world needs your words/thoughts/ideas Mr Blurb King! We are waiting...

dolorah said...

I love the moments when inspiration hits at the least expected moments. There is truly beauty and inspiration is everything once we look for it.

Hope all is going well with the remodeling. I know you are happiest with a construction project to indulge in, despite the drama.

The Order of the Phoenix was one of my fav HP books. Harry does actual magic himself in this book, lol.

Michael Di Gesu said...

I certainly hope so, Alex....Thanks.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Yes... it really is helping. It's been ages since I've read multiple books within a short period of time.

Michael Di Gesu said...

I know you are, L. Diane! I think of you when I see Minions or pass the Minions ride. Such fun!!!! Let me know if you are in dire need of another Minion and I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it to you....

Michael Di Gesu said...

So true, Anna....thanks!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Me, too, Denise! That one is on my reading list.... After I finish HP, I think! LOL. HP5 is a HUGE book....870 pages! I am at the 500 mark now, so I hope to finish by the weekend... Then dive into Jane Eyre by early next week...

Thank you, Denise! I really appreciate the support from all of you!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I certainly hope so! Thanks Hilary!

Michael Di Gesu said...

You're too kind! Thank you, Michelle! Hope all is well with you!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Lol... Not really, Donna.... I am really over dealing with contractors who do sloppy work and damage my home. I am currently heading for a lawsuit with Home Depot.... they were the ones who installed my kitchen.... did shotty work and ruined my beautiful new floor. So I hope to be compensated. I better be. This has been a HUGE thorn in my side. Thankfully, my place here is Florida is done, but SADLY, I am now doing battle with the condo board to clean up this place. The complex went to hell and it needs major fixing...

He does! LOL.... but it is such a HUGE BOOK!!!!!!

mshatch said...

I hate drama. Just hate it. I've also been in slumps before where every idea goes no where and all the words I want to write are stuck somewhere I can't reach. Loved all the HP books :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Nice to see you blogging again. Hope your drama cools off and you can find time to write. But if you can't reading is great too.

H. R. Sinclair said...

Keep looking for that inspiration. The fact you are looking--is a good sign that is will come.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Have you worked on your puppy book lately????

Yolanda Renée said...

One never knows what the day will bring. We can only move forward, do our best, and keep hope alive.

Glad you're finding your center, your little bit of peace!

Reading is always an inspiration!

D.G. Hudson said...

I haven't been about much, either, Michael, as I'm so busy looking after hubs since his illness in 2014. I do try to do the WEP challenges but since 2014, my two novels came to a complete stop, as I couldn't write while we waited to see how hubs would recover. I'm just now wanting to get back at it. Life can sure dump on us sometimes. . .thanks for visiting my WEP entry this month. I appreciate it! Good luck with all your projects.

DMS said...

I have often found that nature helps to get me out of my slump- whether it's the sky, moon, a tree, birds, something will catch my attention and fill me with hope. I am glad you caught the sky at the right moment and began to feel its pull. :)

I am reading HP 5 again right now. Such a deep story, so I love the light moments too.

Happy reading, writing, and of course, dog walking. :)
~Jess