Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE EVE ....

Ah, now that I have your interest on wanting to know the "EVE" of what, I could say hi to all of my wonderful blogger buddies.

Lots of personal garbage has been dumped on me these past few weeks. Since I always encourage positivity on my blog, I WILL NOT bore you with the details. Let's just say I only have a few more days of this when I get back and then I will be settled in one spot for the rest of winter and the beginning of spring.

Now for the "EVE"...

One is personal the other professional.

Shall I start with the personal one first, since it is something that surely will be a much needed smile to this tired face. I leave for KEY WEST, FL, in just a few short hours! What can be more stunning than an eight hour drive to this tropical paradise. My journey starts here, in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, FL. For all of the "I DREAM OF JEANIE" fans, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Friends have invited me for a few days, and I jumped at the chance. Anything to see turquoise water and swaying palms. Central Florida beaches are not of this caliber. More rustic and natural, the ocean here is more on the grayish-green venue and has waist-high sea grapes hugging the coastline instead of soaring palms.

Some of my blogger buddies are IN LOVE with Key West, especially a very close friend Danette. I am sure many of you know her if you don't stop by her blog and say hi. She is a super lovely lady and takes some of THE most stunning pictures I have ever seen ... many of KEY WEST...

I will surely do a post down there with live pics for all of you to see. You know how I LOVE sharing my vacations with all of you.

Now for business ... This is also the "EVE" of the first round of the ABNA contest. Round one: The Pitch. From 5000 in each category, one from general fiction, one from y/a, the narrow them to only a thousand of each. So 80 percent get cut. For two years I have been fortunate to make the cut on this round. I am hoping to make it again this year, but we really never know how the judges will be feeling, so lets hope they're laced with lots of chocolate and champagne and they are in a festive mode when they read mine...

I will have to pull over on my round trip to periodically check to see if I made it through. At least I will have driving and lush locals to keep my mind off of it. For all my friends who don't, keep calm, concentrate on happy thoughts and we will see each other in the next round.

Thanks everyone for all your patience these past few months. I have not been the best blogger buddy, but please know you are ALL always in my thoughts and heart.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

THE Results are in for ABNA! I made it through the first round and so did many of our blogger friends! Congrats to all of us and good luck to all in the next round!

28 comments:

Trisha said...

Good luck with ABNA, Michael!! Yes, I know Danette, she is a long-time favourite blogger of mine! (well, long-time by my blogging standards anyway :D).

I have never visited Florida, but I have a few friends there I would love to visit someday!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Michael! Good to hear from you. Internet isn't the same without you.
Go enjoy the beach for a while and don't stress about the ABNA. You've done all you can do.
Happy thoughts and prayers for you, my friend!

mshatch said...

can't wait to see some pics from warmer climes - enjoy :)

dolorah said...

Have an awesome weekend Michael :) I am sure you will do well in ABNA. And Florida is a brighter place with you in it. I hope you and Danette have a great time together.

I'll be thinking of you while I huddle under a blanky.

......dhole

Danette said...

Wow! It's ABNA time again! Best of wishes for this round and the next. It is often all about how they're feeling, what they're looking for... and probably more, that that is completely out of the hands of a good writer. I am so envious of your trip tomorrow and will definitely be thinking of you. I'll write a bit more but I wanted to stop by and say thanks for mentioning me so kindly in your post and have a wonderful, magical, writerly time. And don't forget to see Hemingway's house! You really will feel the vibes... something in him lives on there.

Margo Benson said...

Wishing you the very best with ABNA, Michael. Like the others, I love sharing in the posts about your trips. I'll imagine the sea and sunshine - have a fabulous time!

Thank you for your kind words over at mine x

Elliot Grace said...

...heading down to my old stomping grounds! Enjoy, and good luck ;)

El

Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Sounds like a beach front vacation is EXACTLY what you need right now. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the personal garbage and good luck with ABNA. A beach vacay sounds like the right ticket. :)

P.S. On a personal note, thanks for the kind comments on my blog about my dad the last few weeks. I appreciate it. xo

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

May news of your ABNA win find you being teased by gentle breezes under the sway of palm trees while all the attractive men gaze on longingly and say "Man, I used to have a chance with him before he got famous."

Roland D. Yeomans said...

According to Hart Johnson on Facebook, you have made it, Michael!! Congrats.

I hate the personal garbage in your life. It tends to dump on us at all the worst times. Enjoy the change in scenery!! Always in your corner, Roland

Kittie Howard said...

Hey, Michael, don't stress ABNA. Enjoy! Oops, Roland above said you made it. CONGRATS!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Good luck with ABNA! And have a great trip away. I've visited Key West once and it's such a wonderful part of the world.

Golden Eagle said...

Good luck with ABNA!

It sounds like Florida is just place the place to unwind all the tension.

Looking forward to the pictures. :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, yes, you must post picture! I love seeing vacation photos. And let us know how it goes with ABNA.

Laura said...

Going by Roland's comment... CONGRATS!
Enjoy your time and soak up your surroundings - I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time of it - let's hope things get easier and happier ASAP

And you're a brilliant blogger buddy, whatever's going on!
Laura xxx

Unknown said...

Safe journeys brother dear and congrats!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And I just saw you made the cut - congratulations, Michael!

Hart Johnson said...

I hope you're having a really amazing time in Florida. And HUGE congratulations for making the cut!

Denise Covey said...

Ah Michael, congrats on making the first cut! Here's hoping for great things for your pitch this time round.

Sounds like you'll be in your little paradise by now. Looking forward to some pics. I Dream of Jeannie territory eh? Can just imagine it then.

Denise

erica and christy said...

I've never been to Florida and don't know if I ever will be, so take pictures and post them! And congrats on ABNA - I completely forgot yesterday was the day until I saw Hart's congrats to you guys on FB!
erica

Sarah Tokeley said...

Congratulations on making it through the first round - now relax and enjoy your holiday :-)

Erin Kane Spock said...

Have a great time in Florida. Fingers are crossed for you on ABNA. I haven't come around in awhile, so have some catching up to do.
Be well.

Carol Riggs said...

WOO! The Blinded Gardener made the cut, I see from another blog. Many congrats. Making it into the top 20% is fabulous!!

And have a relaxing, enjoyable time in Florida; I've never been, but warm beaches sound wonderful. Oregon beaches are never (or rarely) warm.

Theresa Milstein said...

i just heard about you making it to the first round of ABNA. Congratulations!

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Michael
Wonderful news. I hope you win ABNA.

I so know what it is like to be the dumping ground for everyone's problems. It's hard not to become a dump truck yourself. May your trip rejuvenate you and the complainers get drunk on happiness.
Nancy

Jeremy Bates said...

Nice! Michael Congratulations.. fabulous now it's time for you to relax, enjoyable time in Florida..;)