Thursday, April 7, 2022

APOLOGIES.... SORRY FOR POSTING LATE... AN IWSG POST...

 

Hi All,


I am so sorry for spacing the time...again! Yesterday, I was getting my house ready for my friends visiting from South America! ALL six of them! So, I am sure you can understand my spacing to post.

This group is an important part of all our lives because we get a chance to voice our insecurities once a month, thanks to Alex! The advice and support are truly amazing. If you haven't joined yet, PLEASE visit Alex's site to sign up. 

I would also like to CONGRATULATE Alex on his newest book, Casa Dark. All the best Alex! I know it will be a hit!

For this month, my only real insecurities were getting accomplished my many tasks within my home. Thankfully, I did and my guests are comfortable and happy. We have discussed my writing and I was happy to tell them that my short story was selected for the new IWSG Anthology! I can not wait until September when it will be published. I was also THRILLED to have our first review be so positive. The reader enjoyed the anthology and actually mentioned my story as one of her favorites! A writer can not ask for more than that. So this month I feel truly blessed. I am also in the process of submitting a few more short stories...we shall see. We all know that rejections are a part of our lives, but we also know, that if we DON'T submit, we will never have a chance to have our works read. And, isn't that why we all write in the first place? It is very important for writers to get their work seen. No matter how long it takes. It took me over a decade to finally have one of my works published, so don't ever give up. I don't regret any of that time because I learned to hone my craft. A writer must write in order to improve their writing. Sometimes it takes years. We all write at our pace and with each new story, we learn so much.

SO KEEP WRITING, even if you don't feel you are getting anywhere with it. Your time will come.

Well, everyone, April is certainly coming in with tons of wind and rain. I am looking forward to a lovely spring BURSTING with spring flowers. It seems to be taking a bit longer this year, but I know it is worth the wait.

HAPPY SPRING!!!





6 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You know I will be the LAST to judge someone for spacing out.

Have fun visiting with your guests. And congrats again on the short story!

Michelle Wallace said...

Happy Spring to you!
On my side of the globe, we're in Autumn, and the weather is finally cooling down. Thank goodness! It's been unbearably hot for the past 4 months.
Happy Writing, Michael!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Enjoy your visit with your friends. You're so right that it's important not to give up.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No worries! Have a good time with your friends. And cool the anthology is getting good reviews already.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Your story is one of my favorites.

Enjoy time with your friends.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - I hope your time with your friends has been so much fun and that you've been able to well and truly catch up ... sounds lovely. Congratulations on your anthology entry ... you too - keep writing ... cheers Hilary