Monday, January 20, 2014

COFFE ADDICTS .... ARE YOU READY?.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ...

Good morning, Everyone!

I know I am posting a bit later than usual BECAUSE, in all honesty, I have had a VERY TOUGH TIME, trying to decide WHO would win the pound of PURE COLOMBIAN!

WELL, first let me say that your entries were AMAZING! I found poems, pictures, steps on how to make the perfect Turkish coffee, video clips even a major rant  of how much you HATE coffee, but MUST HAVE IT ANYWAY!

SO .... I decided to, of course have a winner ... which I am still pondering as I sip on my third cup of coffee, LOL, AND the runners up will receive a partial pound... enough beans to make at least a few pots, so that you could at least have a few dozen cups on me!

I HOPE THAT WORKS ALL OF YOU!

Now I know I said that the contest was only for my US friends, but a few of my wonderful Canadian blogger friends joined in the fun anyway! How COOL is that? And because they helped make my blog hop so festive, I am including them into the draw! YAY! SO my wonderful beans will be traveling throughout North America. LOL. From the SOUTH to the NORTH.

I know by now you are all probably saying .... get on with it MICHAEL... CUT THE CRAP, AND GET ON WITH THE WINNER/S!

YOU know you are... LOL.

Okay. HERE WE GO. I have just decided. Two entiwa has been in my mind since I read it. But first let me list my runners up ... in no particular order.

First, D. G, Hudson, for a sweet and charming poem which you can read here.

Deniz Bevan ... She posted a step-by-step way on how to make the ultimate Turkish coffee! Read it here.

Briane P.  For his HYSTERICAL take on the horrible taste of coffee. Read it here.

Michelle Wallace ... another wonderful poem! Read it here.

L. Diane Wolfe for her spunky little squirrel... TOO CUTE! See him here.

Shell Flower .... for a beautifully written Sestina! Definitely read this here.

If I was judging purely for craftsmanship, Shell would have won. But, I did say, I was looking for something FUNNY...

And this new blogger friend and winner certainly came through for all of us to have a really good laugh!

But first, I'd like to give a special thanks to Roland Yeomans for his wonderful take on coffee. He only drinks tea, but he wrote a beautifully descriptive piece that ties in so wonderfully with his amazing novels. If you are not familiar with his work, please visit him here.

AND NOW FOR THE WINNER.... ARE YOU READY? ....

ROBIN @ YOUR DAILY DOSE ....  For her hysterical movie clip about Coffee and the wonderful quote she posted! Her post is way too long for me to put here, but PLEASE drop by and visit her if you haven't yet! She is awesome! Click here:

BUT HERE IS THE CLIP THAT WON ME OVER ....


THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS BLOGHOP SUCH A FUN TIME. This winter has kicked many of our butts in the northern region and having a good laugh really helped! You all are AWESOME!

Will the winners PLEASE send me their addresses! I will contact all of you individually throughout the day...

Thanks again and have a FANTASTIC WEEK!!!!!! It's off to an AMAZING START!

33 comments:

Robin said...

Coffee Coffee Coffee. I am so excited I could give Lorelai (the woman in the video) a run for her money:) I am going to be checking my mail EVERY DAY now in anticipation of the coffee!!!

Funny coffee story for today... We just changed phone/internet providers and there was confusion with the bill. We got it online, but it said that there was a paper bill coming. So, I forgot about it and the paper bill never came. This morning, first thing, I get a call about the now overdue bill. The whole time I am trying to resolve this I get shuffled from one person to the next. Each time I get put on Hold I think I have a moment to pour a cup of coffee. Halfway to the pot, I get a live person. About the third time this happens I say, "I absolutely MUST get a cup of coffee to continue this conversation." Hahaha. The rep was a good sport and waited on me. It was a COFFEE MORNING.

I will email you my information. Thank you, again, Michael for your generosity in sharing your coffee bounty. You rock!!!!

Congrats to all of the other winners for winning you over enough that you decided to mail some coffee to each. I am going to go back and read the posts I missed the first time around!!!

Yolanda Renée said...

Congratulations to Robin, her posts are very humorous, I'm sorry I missed this one - haven't been paying as much attention to the blogosphere lately - but slowly getting back into the game! So glad you are feeling better! I'll check out the other posts - coffee is one of those things you either love or hate. LOL

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Robin's was great! Good choice, Michael.

D.G. Hudson said...

Big Congrats to Robin, as I dearly loved that 'Coffee, Coffee, Coffee' youtube! I could really identify. Smart hubs can interpret coffee moods, like that guy. . .

Thanks for mentioning me, Michael, and I'm happy to received any Colombian coffee! I have emailed you. . .wrap it well, we don't want the post office employees grabbing it for themselves.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Congratulations to the winners! Excellent idea and lots of fun Michael.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Robin's entry was good - congrats to her. At least I did amuse you with Hammy though.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to Robin!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

My Stetson's off to Robin! Funny clip. I'm glad you liked my entry which was done just to support a friend -- me and Victor race for the fun of it not for the prize. :-)

Liza said...

Hooray, Robin! Yes, Lorelei Gilmore rules the day! Wonderful blog hop Michael. Congrats to all the winners!

Crystal Collier said...

Wow! Congrats winners! Who says you can't have a blog hop just for laughs?

This was great fun, Michael.

Jack said...

HURRAY for the winner! I was able to read some of the posts, there were some really good ones. It was a fun hop!

Brinda said...

Loved the show clip. Gilmore Girls!!!

Shell Flower said...

Thanks for choosing me as a runner up and your kind words about my post. I love your pick for the winner, too. She definitely gets the laughs! I loved Roland's piece, too.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I don't think I've ever participated in a blog fest that made me smile as much, or drink as much coffee.

Tammy Theriault said...

yippee for the winners, but i dare say...when i kept coming back to find the hop...i couldn't find it to sign up! i feel like a loser. well considering i didn't win, i sorta 'em. Michael...can you hug me while wearing those running shorts. it would make me feel better.

Briane said...

Congratulations to the others. I can't argue with your choice. I'm just glad I won SOMETHING. Jason Statham is hard to feed.

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations to Robin and everyone and thank you, Michael!
I just realised I forgot the most important thing in my post - that image of Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men and his bottomless mug of coffee! Seriously, every time he walks into the kitchen there's a fresh pot brewing. So jealous!

D.G. Hudson said...

Michael, let me know if you get the email I just sent. I sent the other one on Fri the 17th.
I'll cross my fingers. . .

Ella said...

Congrats to Robin! What a fabulous contest-Michael you percolated fun with this one~ I can't wait to visit all the highlights you mentioned! I love my java beans-life would not be the same without it! Besides I would get anything done-tee,hee! YOU rock the roast! I am sorry I have bean missing in action ;D Stay warm- you need to brew some Kona coffee and dream of Hawaii!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael .. you certainly had lots of entries and then choosing the winner - good for choosing Robin and the YouTube clip was fun as I drank my coffee .. that's it for the day though.

Love DG's thought about wrapping the beans up well - so the posties don't pinch them ...

Sounds like Colombian coffee is on a roll .. enjoy yours today .. cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to the winners!!

Jo said...

Congrats to the winners. I drink a lot of coffee, but am not like the movie character I am pleased to say.

Fe said...

:) What a lovely idea for a hop. :) Congratulations to all the winners and, of course, to you, Michael for such a great idea.

We moved office in December and the coffee provided is really awful but - all was not lost! I was given an espresso machine which now graces my desk and I never need drink that other stuff again... :)

Danette said...

sounds like you had a super fun blog hop and how nice of you to give away such a nice prize (i dont drink coffee but know columbian coffee is really good stuff). hope you're doing well!

Julie Flanders said...

Love the clip LOL. :D Congrats to all the winners!! And I hope you are staying warm, Michael. This winter really has been something else.

Mark Koopmans said...

Thanks Michael, for a fun, invigorating hop and congrats to Robin and the other coffee-winner/lovers :)

Michelle Merrill said...

Congrats to the winners! Sounds like a found contest :)

Johanna Garth said...

Great clip compilations. I'm such a Lorelei about my coffee too :)

Al Diaz said...

The video is so funny, how could I miss it?
Congratulations to Robin!

Nicki Elson said...

Haha - great clip. Congrats to all the lucky winners of the beans. This was a very, very fun hop.

Tara Tyler said...

aw! i missed it! what a fun hop and cute badge! i did see a couple of entries. great job everyone!

DMS said...

Congrats to all the winners! Awesome that there are so many. :)

~Jess

PK HREZO said...

Awesome! Congrats to Robin and the rest!