Wednesday, December 5, 2018

THE HOLIDAYS ARE ALMOST HERE! TOO BUSY TO BE ANXIOUS...LOL AN IWSG POST

Hi All and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

As Christmas approaches, there is just SO MUCH TO DO. Luckily I am really not stressing about it. I made the smart decision to leave insanely cold and damp Chicago a month earlier. SO I am in Orlando loving the spring type weather. People here have already decorated their places to the hilt. So festive! How could anyone not enjoy that, right?

I arrived just before Thanksgiving and the first week was certainly hectic, but now that things have settled and I am back to writing again... YAY, I must say I am in great spirits. Wonderful Christmas music and movies splashed all over the television makes me so happy. YAY, again! And I even managed to see a few fun Christmas flicks. IF you get a chance don't miss DISNEY'S NUTCRACKER, it was a spectacular film. I enjoyed every minute. Of course I saw the new Grinch movie. Not as wonderful as I had hoped, but I still enjoyed it. Also caught the next segment of the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Great special effects, but I didn't love it as much as the first.

As the holidays move forward like a runaway train, many of you are probably starting to stress about getting it all done. Just remember to BREATHE and take on one project at a time. That really works for me. One day designated to a different task. Before you know it, everything is done. The holidays are to be enjoyed and spending quality time with our loved ones. If you are stressed you won't enjoy the fruits of all you labor.

Once again, I'd like to thank Alex for creating this group and all the effort he and the staff have put into making it as great as it is. SO much talent and so much help is available to all who seek it... I'm beginning to sound like Albus Dumbledore. LOL. Don't forget to drop by his blog and the other members for encouragement and support and perhaps your comment may help some other writer. Here is the link:

Since this will most likely be my last post before Christmas, I'd like to WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON and a VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

HUGS TO YOU ALL!




22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Considering the craziness of Chicago lately, I'm glad you're not there.
We watched the original Grinch the other day. Now that's a classic.
Merry Christmas, Michael! Enjoy the holidays and your writing.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That you can be in great holiday spirits in Florida is a great thing - good thing it doesn't take snow, right? Merry Christmas.

Julie Flanders said...

So glad to read you are in such good spirits! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, my friend. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Wow, nice to find you in such good spirits. Enjoy your holidays and Merry Christmas Michael.

And thanks for the Disney's Nutcracker recommendation.

David Powers King said...

Happy Holidays to you as well, sir. Glad to see you in high spirits and writing again. Say "Hi" to Florida for me! :)

Tonja Drecker said...

Love your mood! Happy writing and Happy Holidays!

H. R. Sinclair said...

Nice! People are slow to decorate over this way this year. But the lights and decorations always lift my spirits.

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Michael,

Crap! We missed each other by only a couple of days! (Yes, I've moved - to Spain - and left Orlando Nov. 30.)

Good to hear you're working on a memoir for someone. Having been there, I'm sure it's an interesting project - for many reasons! Let me know if you need a beta reader down the road:)

Have continued fun in Orlando, it really can be a magical place and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

I'm in snowy Michigan and I don't think I like you much right now. =P LOL Have fun in Orlando.

emaginette said...

You sure love to hop around the countryside. Have a great holiday season!

Anna from elements of emaginette

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad you're not stressed out. Lucky you to be in warmer weather. And I'm looking forward to the same movies, but may wait for them on Netflix.

Jennifer Hawes said...

So jealous!! Good thing you left when you did. Too much snow and cold for the Midwest. It started way too early this year. Glad you're enjoying the holidays and your writing time! Merry Christmas

Diane Burton said...

I'm so glad to read your upbeat post. Sunshine has a lot to do with attitude. Good thing you're not up here in the Great Lakes area. Such gloom & gray. Enjoy the holidays.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Enjoy your weather. I hate the cold but I don't mind being trapped inside. I get a lot of writing done in the winter.
Happy holidays to you.

cleemckenzie said...

One breath at a time is what gets me through these days. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Florida and the weather. Have a beautiful holiday, Michael.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael. So glad you're thawing out in Florida. I'm chilling out here a little. So much to do for Christmas. Thanks for the reminder to breathe. Haven't even got the tree up yet! Never mind. It'll happen. It's always a fantastic time. I imagine you're getting your apartment decked out as only you can.

I hope I hear more from you before Christmas, but i can't say Merry Christmas too many times. Enjoy!

Denise

Cathrina Constantine said...

Michael, glad to hear you're writing!!!

I love the snow, most of the time, not all of the time. By the end of January, I'm ready for spring, but I have to wait until April for that to happen, and then I begin to dislike those crystal flakes.

Wishing you a peaceful and healthy Merry Christmas!!

RasmaSandra said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New 2019! Longing for snow but here in Florida my first Christmas as twinkling palm trees.

Roland Clarke said...

See you next year, Michael the Snowbird. No WEP this time?

Yolanda Renée said...

Enjoy the warmth of the sun! It's a bit cold here today, gray, windy and wet. You sound much happier, like you've found your writing groove. I'm happy for you!

Merry Christmas!

Deniz Bevan said...

Merry Christmas! Glad you're somewhere warm!

Gina Gao said...

Hope you had a great holiday season!

www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com