Wednesday, June 3, 2020

TAKING A LESSON FROM MOTHER NATURE...AN IWSG POST



Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well and safe!

Once again it is time for another IWSG post. Thanks to Alex, we all get to meet once a month and share our insecurities. Please drop by his blog to sign up and JOIN OUR GROUP! 

Thank God we are all here to spend another month together. Now that the country is slowly opening, I hope and pray we still remain well. I must admit it scares me, but life must persevere and we must retain a new and safer way to live. I have begun to socialize with some friends and neighbors. It is time. As long as we all take precautions, there is no reason why we can't socialize safely. I know the numbers will go up, but we can't stay at home forever. I have altered my lifestyle to stay safe and hopefully, within the year we will have more ammunition against this killer disease.

I woke up this morning somewhat renewed, surprising after an intense thunderstorm ragging through the night, freaking out my poor pup. But when I stepped outside and into my side garden, I didn't see fallen branches and puddles of water, I saw some of the most beautiful peonies blooming. Mother nature is truly amazing.

Some news on the writing front, I am happy to say that I did a final edit on my second novel. I had put it away for a few years but this will be the last tweaking; it is as clean as it will get. I already submitted it to a publisher, so we shall see what happens. I plan on querying it as well, hoping to nab a really good agent. As for Mommy Kay, I will be writing the last few chapters this week. I am pumped and ready thanks to the glorious flowers and the rebirth of nature. After two months of life's anxieties, it really is time for me to move ahead. We all need too, especially with what is happening in our country. We must keep positive and protect each other. Kindness and love can be a lot more powerful than evil and hate.

I hope you are all well and here's a pic of my peonies to brighten your day...sending you all a huge virtual hug!

 


22 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

Congratulations on finishing up the final edits for your book, and I wish you all the best with your submission!

Beautiful peonies!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good thing I brought a glass!
That's great you are working on a old and the new project. Good luck with submissions.
Yes, it's time life moved on, while we still can.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The flowers are beautiful.

I'm glad you are sending out your work again. I think you're a brilliant writer and would love to see something from you that fits DLP's style. There's also the IWSG anthology challenge this year.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I'm thrilled to hear about your submission! Sending you positive vibes. Love the picture. <3

Allie Bock said...

Congrats on finishing your edits and good luck with the publisher. Stay safe!

Www.alliebock.com

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks Chyrs! I will need it.

Michael Di Gesu said...

So true, Alex. Who knows what is going to happen next. But I have always believed in the positive and I won't change now. God gives us choices and sadly many people are making the wrong ones. Hopefully soon, they will see the light.

Michael Di Gesu said...

What a lovely compliment, L. Diane. You made my day! After all the downs, it's nice to know some people believe in me. Thank you!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks so much, Sheri! I appreciate them.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thank you, Allie. Same to you!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - they are stunning ... and I used to buy the odd bunch for my mother when she was in the Nursing Centre - big ice-pink ones ... gorgeous ... not as scented as roses ... but still good. So pleased things are happening for you - take care - Hilary

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad to hear you have been more productive. Me too. It helps in these challenging times.

emaginette said...

Congrats on the final polish. Now, get it out there. ;-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks Hilary, you, too!

Michael Di Gesu said...

It does help, Natalie. Stay safe.

Michael Di Gesu said...

You are TOO funny, Anna. I already sent it out to one publisher...

Denise Covey said...

Michael, excited for you and your YA novel. Hope it finds a home. Love those peonies. Glad you feel refreshed. Maybe that storm got rid of some negative ions. I wish you all the best finishing MK.

Deniz Bevan said...

Good luck on your submission! Love the peonies. We've been having thunderstorms, too, there's so exciting to listen to at night.

DMS said...

Peonies are so beautiful. What a delightful sight to wake up to after a storm. Sounds like things are getting better on the writing front. I am hoping to start writing a bit more this week. It has been tough- though I did have a writing spurt in there over the last few months. But- most days, my mind was elsewhere.

Stay safe!
Jess

Rachna Chhabria said...

Good luck with the submission of your novel Michael. I hope you find your dream agent. If you are planning to query an agent, then you shouldn't be directly submitting to publishers.
Wishing you luck for Mommy Kay as well.

Melissa said...

Agree, agree, agree. We need to find an acceptable middle ground with the virus.

As to the racial tensions, I agree with a black man I saw on Facebook who had been adopted by a white father. (paraphrasing) What matters is a person's character, not the color of his skin. Love is the only thing that will fix this. You can't fix hate with hate.

mshatch said...

Oh, how I love peonies. We have one at our house but we only got two blossoms *sigh* I think we need to fertilize or something.