Wednesday, September 2, 2020

COOL AND CRISP-A NEW SEASON, BUT THE SAME OLD ANXIETIES- AN IWSG POST


 HI ALL Happy September!

Once again,  I am posting late. Thanks to my blogger pal, Michelle Wallace, I saw her FB post to remind me this is the first Wednesday of the month!

Thanks to our friend, Alex J. Cavanaugh, we get to post our anxieties or help others with theirs... A WONDERFUL day of the month. If you would like to join our group, hop over to Alex's site and SIGN UP.

As I prepare for my journey south, I am trying to finish up my current WIP. Most of us know the stress of moving, but when one has to travel almost 1500 miles to clear out their vacation home, then they have to load a truck and drive back the same 1500 miles in a fifteen-foot truck, the stress is epic. So, you can imagine how difficult it is to write, especially when you find out you have to add another story/chapter to the remaining chapters. (I am writing narrative non-fiction) I feel as though I will never finish. Just when I think I am down to the last two chapters, I have to keep adding more. UGH. But, at least I am writing. Many of you know I haven't written anything in months, but I am managing to write a chapter in a week to ten days. 

Thankfully, the weather is cooling and fall is definitely in the air. The nights and mornings are cooler and the sun sets earlier bringing down the heat in the early evening. I am also trying to squeeze in the remaining sanding and priming of my front porch. With only a few more months of painting weather before winter, I am crazed...nothing new there. LOL 

I thank you all for your good vibes and prayers as I prepare for my journey. Like most of you had said, masks, sanitizers, and washing hands will hopefully keep me safe as I journey to and from Florida. 

Next month I should be all settled back in and preparing for my much-needed vacation to Colorado for three weeks. November should be beautiful there and I am really looking forward to it. Of course, with the pandemic, it will not be as wonderful as it could be, but a change of scenery and escaping the house rehabbing, will do me good. 

TAKE CARE my Friends, and STAY SAFE! Sending a virtual hug to you all...


6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - lots on your plate to keep you busy ... but you thrive on it ... take care and drive safely. All the best - Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Florida's numbers are way, way down. You'll be fine.
Wish it was cool and crisp here. We had a heat advisory yesterday.
Just keep writing. You'll hit the end soon.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Good luck on your trip. I'm sure you will be glad to get everything moved out of your house there. Hope you can squeeze some writing time in.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Good luck! Sounds like you will be plenty safe on your trip. Just keep believing you will hit the last chapter soon.

Denise Covey said...

You sound busy, Michael.Good luck with sanding your porch and your trip south. Then you have a holiday to look forward to. I wish you safety and happiness.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Mommy Kay is coming along. Are you still working with the big time editor?

Melissa said...

Dude, you get around. (moving and traveling, I mean) I'm glad you're writing again. :)