Wednesday, September 6, 2023

TWELVE AMAZING YEARS!...AN IWSG POST...

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IWSG!!!!

Can you believe it has been TWELVE years since our first posting of the IWSG? Each year flies quicker than the one before, but here we are again for another first Wednesday of the month.

I would like to thank Alex and the whole IWSG staff for the incredible work they do throughout each and every month. The IWSG keeps us all updated with news in the writing world as well as so many helpful articles to keep our writing journeys on the straight and arrow. I know it has for me. 

This month's question certainly does hit a home run. I have been here since the beginning. Twelve years ago, I was heavily involved with blogging and keeping up with EVERYONE, especially Alex. So, I read about it on his blog the first day he posted about it. Nowadays, I connect through blogging along with FB, and the site formally known as Twitter.  IWSG has helped me in immeasurable ways, the first being, my first publication. Last year, to this day, my first short story was published by Dancing Lemur Press in the IWSG Anthology. Through the IWSG I connected with amazing writers, agents, and publishers. I have learned so much about writing and amazing information given to me by the group members as well as the IWSG site. 

THANK YOU, ALEX for creating the IWSG and keeping us all together. You and the many people involved deserve to be congratulated and APPRECIATED! 

For any of you who haven't joined already and would like to join our group, please click on the link and sign up on Alex's site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IWSG...may have many, MANY, MANY MORE!




12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Since the beginning! That is awesome. We're really glad you kept with us and now have a published story.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You've hung onto it because you understand the value. We need these connections.

Natalie Aguirre said...

It's awesome that you've been around since the beginning. I think I found this group about a year after it started. I'm so glad I did.

Patricia JL said...

I've almost been there since the beginning. The first year, I didn't know about it, but I'm so happy to have this group and their support. <3

Michelle Wallace said...

I've also been with the group from its inception and it's kept me going all these years. The IWSG has such a wonderful sense of community, which is hard to find in online groups.
I'm so glad we connected via the IWSG, Michael!
Happy IWSG Anniversary Day!

Sarah Foster said...

That's awesome that you've been here since the beginning.

cleemckenzie said...

You were one of the founders, Michael! And you're still a great contributing member. Thanks for helping make IWSG what it is.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It has been an amazing 12 years. I remember so many of your moves and remodeling projects. So glad you are here.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm so thankful for my blogging friends and the IWSG. I must add that you have written some of my most remembered blogging posts. You wrote the one about getting exercise as a writer and eating healthier with a strong recommendation for banana consumption. LOL
Glad you're still blogging!

Tonja Drecker said...

The blogging/writing friends on IWSG are invaluable in so many ways. I've enjoyed reading about all your ups and downs...always fun to see what you're up to.

H. R. Sinclair said...

Me too! From the beginning. I'm not an "official" member though (too much pressure) but I read the newsletter.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - I was like Holly - not joining - but I did quite soon after the first A - Z ... so I've been around a while and probably slightly longer across the blogging world - learning from so many. It's a great connecting world - so much to offer, so much support and encouragement - good to see you around - cheers Hilary