Saturday, February 5, 2011

EARTHLY ANGELS ... A SPECIAL THANKS! ...... RACH'S CRUSADERS!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and stories over the past few days. I does my heart good to see all the love shared among all of us bloggers. We have learned that in this cold, bleak worlds, there are people who shine beacons of light and come to our rescue.

In their honor I would like all of you to take a note from these earthly angels' books and do something for a person in need. It could be anything as simple as a bringing up your neighbor's garbage can from the street to save that person from slipping on the ice. Give up your seat to a fellow passenger on the bus or train. Give anything you can to a homeless person, whether it be money, a cup of hot coffee, or a sandwich. The skies the limit. Be particularly kind to those who are elderly or handicapped.

Share the love that was once given to you.

By doing this you can become an earthly angel. It will make your day. Who doesn't want to be an angel? Right?

Please let me hear what lovely angelic thing you did for someone. Don't be shy, we would all like to know how special you are too!

   *         *         *          *        *          *          *         *          *               


Now for another earthly delight I'd like to tell you about Rach's Crusaders ....  Her second Writers' Platform building Crusade!

If you want to build your writing platform, you must join in on the fun! This is Rach's second Crusade.

Here is what it's all about in Rach's words:

"Basically, the Crusade is a way to link those within the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Crusaders are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs.


I’ll list your names and blogs on my List of Crusaders page so you can keep in touch with the other Crusaders. And you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. You can visit their blogs, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And they'll be doing the same for you."


So as you can see, it is a wonderful opportunity to join us. Hop over to Rach's blog and sign up today!


Have a wonderful weekend, friends.


In tomorrow's post I will have a special tribute to mothers everywhere.

17 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I know of a Crusader who labored all day yesterday, trying to undo the cyber knots in the formatting of a cyber-illiterate (me). You had other things needing done, yet you worked very hard and well to present me with a manuscript I could submit to an agent who'd requested my full.

And you volunteered to do it. I do not have the words to say thank you adequately.

I was taught it was the Lakota way to leave the path you walked easier for the person after you. If we all took just a moment to let that person into traffic (even when we're in a hurry) then the flow of life would be so much easier for everyone.

I like your idea, Michael, of committing random acts of kindness to hopefully send positive ripples throughout the world we live in.

Have a great weekend. You made mine brighter with your hard work, Roland

Karen Martin Sampson said...

I find that when I do small kindnesses (like opening doors for others, letting someone in my lane during heavy traffic, saying thank you for a service, etc.) these things are returned in kind. Last year I had a flat tire coming home through the mountains in a rain storm. A pickup truck with two young guys going for a logging job up north stopped and changed my tire for me and refused any reward other than a hug and a thank you. There is so much decency in the world and it is a shame that a few bad apples (some of them outright rotten!) mess stuff up for the rest of us. The idea is to not LET them mess it up - no giving in to despair or complacency (and I have to remind myself constantly).

Erin Kane Spock said...

I am not a huge philanthropist, but I like to think I do my part. Honestly, if everyone actually did the things they were supposed to instead of letting things slide just this one time, the world would be cleaner, kinder, and there would be less worry about the role of government to provide the help because we would help each other.
Silly example:
I'm a little anal. No matter what, I put my cart away in the parking lot of the grocery store every single time. Yesterday, I accidentally 'stole' a family pack of toilet paper and brought it back into the store and paid for it. But then, today, I decided to throw out an empty soup can because the sink was already full and I didn't want to wash it out. If I did take the time to wash out and recycle every single item even when it's inconvenient, and more people felt the same responsibility, imagine the world?

VR Barkowski said...

This afternoon I walked a stack of mis-delivered mail to its rightful owners. I think every street name in Georgia has the word "peach" in it. Must drive the postal folks crazy.

Looking forward Rach's Crusade!

Jemi Fraser said...

I've been encouraging my students to do random acts of kindness - and it pays off in that I think to do them more often for others as well - especially in situations where no one will know it was me. Today at the grocery store, we put a bag of good treats and basics in the donation bin - hopefully it will help someone who needs it!

PK HREZO said...

I try to remember these things when it comes to the next door neighbor's trash always blowing over to our yard. Many times I've wanted to throw it back or complain. But I pick it up and throw it away and remember that some times everyone needs a helping hand.
That's not much of a good deed, but considering it happens so often, it kinda fits up there. However, I hope to get on a regular routine of reading to an elderly person in a nursing home once a month.
Love your positive posts! Keep sending the good vibes! We all need them!

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow crusdader. I like the randon acts of kindness idea too. I'm looking forward to seeing your flowing fonts entry :O)

The Words Crafter said...

I love holding or opening doors for people. They quite often seem genuinely surprised. Which kind of shocks me. Great post and love your shout out for earthly angels.

Heather Hellmann said...

I love your acts of kindness idea. It's nice to meet you, fellow Crusader.

Dempsey Sanders said...

the acts of kindness idea is a wonderful one, why not!Yours are brilliant.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael, I can't believe how many posts you've put up since I popped by. I love the angel stories. They are so inspiring! And Chicago and all that snow! Man, how long will this last? Great pics BTW.

Great of you to pass on info for Market My Words but I don't write that category ATM. The best for those who enter this. A great opportunity.

It is great news that the crusade is on the march again. Looking forward to being marshalled into groups.

I hope those kind acts keep on happening. We really can make a difference in this world. Every day there's someone who needs a helping hand. I love the story of the mum who needed a new car. Gorgeous...

Denise:)

Rachael Harrie said...

Hey Michael, great idea to do random acts of kindness! And welcome on board the Crusade, so glad you've signed up this year. It'll be heaps of fun :)

Hugs,

Rach

Len Lambert said...

Hi Michael! I like the earthly angels shoutout and call to do something good! :)

Thank you for following my blog. I'm now following, too! I'm a fellow Crusader! :)

Michelle Merrill said...

Hey Michael. I've joined the writing crusade this year!

As for angelic things...I'm at home with my four kids all day long. Some things take a little more angel power than others :)

Cathy said...

Hi, you have a very stylish blog. I'm a fellow crusader. Nice to meet you.

Ben Langhinrichs said...

It's a pleasure to meet (and follow) you, as a fellow Crusader and seeker of earthly angels. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Amanda Milner said...

I love random acts of kindness! I wonder if my love for it comes from selfish reasons because I genuinely feel giddy any time I am able to do something for someone;-)
Anyway, fellow crusader here, just stopping in to say hi:)