Friday, August 19, 2011

THE SOLUTION ...


Happy Friday everyone.

Thank you for all your comments yesterday... What a dilemma. Well after searching online, and in almost every store in downtown Chicago, I did find two new sofas... YAY! The only thing is I have tot wait ten to twelve weeks for them to be made.

I made sure the framing and support systems were solid and that the pieces are made in North Carolina. The only drawback is that they are NOT leather, but I couldn't afford to do two leather sofas in the quality I demand.

It's fine though. I am hoping I can have them made in a fabric that may not be offered. Of course, the fabric I choose in their fabric book is the one that may only be available in a different sofa. So I am thinking positive.

In the meantime, I will be sofaless for three months. I am not happy. But I do have a daybed in storage that I can use for now. What can you do, right? Life always plays tricks on us when we either don't have the time for it or the patience. At least I will have them by the holidays.

I am posting a pic to show you the place before the whisk my sagging sofa's away... LOL. These pics don't have the cool sofa table I had created but I will post new pics when the new sofas come in. BTW this is my work/living space. I do my illustration and design on the drawing table and write on the sofa.


One good thing did happen this week, I won Alex J. Cavanaugh's CASSASTAR in the Tessa Conte's HATEFEST. This will be a great escape from reality.






Any fun plans for the weekend? I'd love to hear about it.

24 comments:

Jeana said...

Wow, beautiful!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Your living area is quite beautiful and gives a sense of warm openness. I am doing the cyberverse a favor and showing any photos of my own living area! Roland

Jemi Fraser said...

Very nice! Inviting :)

Johanna Garth said...

So pretty!

Heather said...

You have such a lovely home! And congrats on winning the book!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You would come to my house and offer the kind words, "Well, it's comfortable at least."
Congratulations again and really hope you like the book!

Erin Kane Spock said...

My sofas are still from my first credit purchase when I was 18. I am now 36. I really look forward to the day when I can replace them without worrying about a macaroni and cheese incident (2 little kids).
Congrats on the sofa's. Your living space if very peaceful.

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning the contest! I'm glad you got your sofa dilemma sorted.

PK HREZO said...

I LOVE your place, Michael. Fabulous! Sorry to hear about those sofas. man, it seems like everything is particle board these days. We're in furniture shopping mode for the new place and it seems to be everywhere. They just don't make them like they used to!

Anonymous said...

Ah they do say life is what happens when you've made other plans. Congrats on the prize! Enjoy your sofas when they arrive :O)

Laura said...

Man... blogger's up to its old tricks again... here's a second attempt to leave you a comment...

What a beautiful space you have - so much light! Congratulations on winning Alex's book - I disappeared into it for a couple of days and loved every word!

Happy weekend
Laura xxx

Talli Roland said...

Michael, you have a gorgeous flat. Your sofa look like mine - cream leather!

trump said...

Id like to invite you folks to come to Amish Stories for a recipe for "Famous Pennsylvania Dutch Sticky Cinnamon Buns" along with a book signing schedule for Amish fiction writer Wanda Brunstetter for Pennsylvania and Ohio as well as a contest to meet her. I hope everyone so far is having a great weekend. Thanks everyone. Richard from Amish Stories.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely space! I just want to curl up on one of those couches with a book. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning Alex's book. I think you'll like it. I did, and I'm not a great fan of sci fi. It's an interesting, well-written story!

Your space is GORGEOUS. And I mean stunning. It's obvious that you're a creative designer. Just everything about what you've done fills me with positive feelings!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

Sylar said...

great post ;)
+follow

Unknown said...

New sofa? I thought you already did that....Oh you confuse me so. Nice you posted these pictures, your place really is beautiful :)

LTM said...

I'm really happy you're able to find something suitable. I looked over your last post, and man, that is just SO disgusting. I can't even imagine...

*sigh* back in MY day...

signed, grandma~ :D <3

Linda Gray said...

What a lovely, elegant and serene room, Michael. It's beautiful. Love the colors and the crown moulding! Best of luck with the new sofas, and may you get the fabric you want.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Michael. It was fun reading about your designing dilemmas in your previous post. Now the waiting game for your new lounges (sofas to you.) Make sure you post a pic when they arrive. I love the mix of classic and modern. I also love shabby chic but you need an all over look for that.

Denise

Denise Covey said...

Forgot to congratulate you for winning Cassa Star. Be interested in what you think...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Your house is gorgeous my friend. Wow.

Nicki Elson said...

Oh no! I scrolled down and was so surprised to hear you talking about new sofas. That's horrible, I know you were so excited about the leather ones. :( But I'm sure you'll love the new---higher quality---ones much better. Glad you got it all worked out, and you'll be all couched-up again in time for Christmas. :)

Donea Lee said...

Classic, elegant = LOVE! What a great space! And congrats on winning Cassastar ~ :)