Wednesday, January 4, 2023

A NEW YEAR! AN IWSG POST...

 

Happy New Year!

I can't even fathom the thought that another year has started. What happened to 2022? Talk about a year passing by in the blink of an eye.

It's the first IWSG post of the year! Thanks to the creator, Alex, and all of his remarkable and giving staff, we are here the first Wednesday of each month to help each other through our insecurities and, frankly, our writing and sometimes personal lives. If you want to join the group, please visit here to sign up!

Well, 2022 has certainly had its ups and downs, but we all survived. Hoping and praying that 2023 brings us all good health and prosperity. Isn't that all we really need? I am not talking about VAST wealth, just enough to survive comfortably without having to struggle so much to make ends meet. With the rise of prices and inflation, it's a wonder we can afford to pay for housing and EAT. Grocery prices are THROUGH THE ROOF.  But that is not what I want to focus on today. I always like to focus on the positive. We are entering a new year and must focus on the good. We live in a beautiful world if we just open our eyes to see it clearly. Put all our petty differences aside and focus on the beauty. If I have any insecurities about anything, it's about how the world is changing and, sadly, not for the good. We can all do our part to support each other and be there for all our successes and for the rocky writing journey many of us are on. I have had many obstacles along the way, BUT I am so lucky to have this wonderful writing community be there for me through the rough times. So, I want to THANK YOU!

May 2023 be the best year for our community, and I wish you great success in your journey. 

HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!! 

Sending you a HUGE virtual hug!






12 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It's people like you who make this group so wonderful and welcoming. Wish you all the best in 2023.

Diane Burton said...

Great thoughts, Michael. Focus on the positive. I need to do that more. Best wishes in 2023.

Michelle Wallace said...

Hi Michael!
Happy New Year!
Yes, let's focus on the POSITIVE! We have so much to be grateful for.

You are so right - the world is changing... and not always for the good.
On my side of the globe, the situation has been really scary. We've had to contend with devastating floods, large-scale looting and there's also the ongoing national electricity crisis and the load-shedding... all this besides COVID... so the past two years have been really hectic.
But I'm alive - and well! That's what counts.

All the best for 2023!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Happy New Year, Michael! I hope that 2023 brings us all health and prosperity too. Like you, I'm grateful for the support of everyone in the IWSG.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy New Year! It is a beautiful world if we look for it. I don't stress the negative and evil because I know good wins in the end.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's not changing for the better which is why we need to do our part to be the good in the world.

Happy New Year, Michael!

H. R. Sinclair said...

Happy New Year! Yup, 2022 was a doozy. I prefer to keep it positive too! Happy New Year, my friend.

Patricia JL said...

That's why I love this group. It's so uplifting and positive--even when we are talking about our insecurities.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

The world scares me, so I've shrunk it. I am enjoying my own small universe and consider myself blessed that I have a roof over my head and can still afford groceries...all but the eggs. What's up with egg prices? Switched to oatmeal for breakfast.

Happy 2023! May it be a year of goodness!

Denise Covey said...

Happy New Year, Michael! It's good to be positive when there's so much negativity about. It sounds like most countries are going through the same thing - inflation and rising prices. At WEP we're focusing on the positive after nearly handing it over due to outlandish commitments on the team's part. All good now. New year, new look, new team, for our talented writers.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michael - well done on reminding us all that we need to focus on the positive - we're lucky in the worlds we live in, is that essentially most of us can survive. Cheers to you for 2023 - Hilary

Deniz Bevan said...

Sending you {{big hugs}} back!