Saturday, April 14, 2012

A KING'S MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION ...

Hi, All,

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend.

Sorry about the late post today, but work called. My post today is about a man's obsession. Nothing stopped this king from his dream. Never giving up on a dream is something we never do. He didn't, and his dream is appreciated by all who are lucky enough to visit it.

I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's riddle. Donna Hole guessed it correctly... yes, it is laurels.

Have a great Sunday tomorrow. I will see you all on Monday with another FF/Riddle post. Geez, I am starting to run out of ideas. LOL.


During the seventeenth century, along the canals of Venice, a new and exciting process developed. Although costly, royalty clamored even for the smallest piece of it.
King Louis the Fourteenth coaxed artisans from Venice to France to create this mysterious phenomenon for his summer palace. 
Catching wind of their treachery, the Venetian Republic sent agents to France to poison the workers who betrayed them, trying to stop this famous architectural wonder. Six years later, Louis’s dream reflected the wealth of his court.
Seventeen perfect arches, clad in the most expensive material of the time, adorned the walls overlooking the stunning gardens. Direct light bounced throughout the space, illuminating the crystal chandeliers, gilded bas relief, frescoes, and intricate sculptures.
Today, millions of tourists visit the spectacular Palace of Versailles... All mesmerized by the Hall of Mirrors.











9 comments:

mshatch said...

what a lovely, magical looking hall.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hall is really cool.

erica and christy said...

Just popping in to say hi! Hope life is treating you well and thanks for posting the picture, it's beautiful.
erica

Heather M. Gardner said...

To catch a glimpse of themselves back then must have been a real treat.
Nicely done.

So. I blamed you for my blog post today! :) Only good things.

HMG

dolorah said...

Yay; I guessed right for the L post.

I've been to the Hall of Mirrors - it was a really long time ago though. Someday I'd love to go back again.

.......dhole

Unknown said...

Aw, I want to go there! So beautiful!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I envy Donna for having been there, And like Rachel, I want to go for the first time! Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great, fun new week, Roland

Erin Kane Spock said...

Is it good to be the king... until it isn't. Beautiful.

Tara Tyler said...

thanks for the tour! i've seen many castles and wondrous places on this fest!