Wednesday, November 17, 2010
HARRY POTTER- ORDER OF PHOENIX ... LET'S DISH UMBRIDGE!
GREETINGS HP ADDICTS ...
Since Saturday I have been posting HP trivia questions from each book. After four trivia challenges I have decided to talk about HP and the Order of the Phoenix instead. But before I do, for my diehard trivia bloggers, I will post the answers to Monday's and Tuesday's trivia questions.
Prisoner of Azkaban:
1. What did Harry receive for his birthday? From Ron- a pocket sneakoscope. Hermione- a broomstick servicing kit. Hagrid- Monster book of Monsters.
2. What did Mr. Weasley win? 700 Galleons from the Daily Profit drawing.
3. Who or what was Binky? Lavender Brown's pet rabbit.
4. Why did Professor McGonagall reprimand Lee Jordan during the Quidditch match? Commenting too much on the Firebolt.
5. Who was Percy writing to all summer? Penelope Clearwater- Ravenclaw prefect.
6. What specific memory produced Harry's first patronis? Finding out he was a wizard and leaving the Dursleys.
7. What did Parvati see when it was her turn with the boggart? A blood-stained mummy.
8. What happened to Ron during his final in Defense against the Dark Arts class? He was confused by a hinkypunk and sunk waist deep in a quagmire.
9. What was the first creature Hagrid showed in his first class. Its color, name, and nickname. A gray hippogriff named Buckbeak or Beaky.
10. Who takes care of Aunt Marge's dog's when out of town? Colonel Fubster.
Goblet of Fire:
1. At the Quidditch World Cup, what covered the tents of the spectators? Irish- shamrocks ... Bulgaria- blinking posters of Victor Krum
2. What ended the match? Krum caught the snitch, ending the game 150 to 160 Ireland won.
3. Who wouldn't put on pants and why? Archie, because he liked his privates airy.
4. What was the name of the referee? Hassan Mustafa.
5. What was the name of Ireland's seeker? Lynch.
6. Which team chaser scored first? Ireland-Troy.
7. Who wasn't invited to the feast and why? Peeves the poltergeist, because he makes trouble all the time.
8. What happened to the Daily Profit reporter? Rita Skeeter- Hermione captures her in a glass vial when she was a beetle.
9. What item did the Gryffindor students avoid and why? Canary Creams- anyone who would eat one would burst into feathers.
10. What was the password Harry used to enter Dumbledore's office? Cockroach Clusters.
Thanks to those who participated and made this trivia challenge so much fun!
Of all the Harry Potter books I honestly think this one was the most anticipated, at least for me. I say this because I remember how long I waited for this edition to come out in 2003. I ran to Borders after midnight to get my copy. This was the first time I did this. When I discovered Harry Potter in 2001 when the film came out, I had no idea this was a book series. Could you believe it? A year later and Chamber of Secrets movie hit the theaters. It was a few weeks after I had seen that film, I realized this was a book series written by JK Rowling. You can imagine my excitement. I read all four books within a month and then I was left hanging for a year for the next one to come out. Torture ... sheer torture. I think this time seemed harder for me because I needed my fix. As you all can understand.
In Order of the Phoenix, Harry is growing up. He has to prove himself against two dementors to save the life of his cousin and his own. He is reprimanded by the Ministry of Magic and is suspended and has to go to the wizard court. He is in the dark, not given any information about Voldemort.
Poor Harry. Forced to stay with the Dursleys and being scolded like a naughty child.
After a month he is finally freed from the Dursley's and learns about the Order of Phoenix: an anti-Voldemort organization created by Dumbledore fighting against Voldemort and his Deatheaters.
Now back at Hogwart's, Harry faces something far worse than the dementors or even Lord Voldermort: the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, Dolores Umbridge.
Can we dish on Umbridge? Let's ... leave your favorite "Umbridge moment" in the comments today. Let's really have a good time dishing her! I'll start ... My favorite Umbridge moment is when Fred and George set off the fireworks and she has to stop all the calamity by herself! Oh how I laughed when Professor Flitwick slammed the door in her snarling face.
I am so looking forward to your responses. The humor, so incredible in the book was cut from the movie. Yes, they had the fireworks scene, but not even close to the book's.
These are the finer points. Of course, tons of other things happen. This edition ... over 800 pages.
Enjoy the rest of your HP day. ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!
Many of my blogging friends are having Potter-themed posts. Haunt Jen at unedited @ http://jennifer-daiker.blogspot.com/ Jen and her friends have incredible posts.