Thursday, March 3, 2011

DARN! I'M ALL OUT OF WOLF'S BANE! DIAGON ALLEY HERE I COME!

As we all know wizards must shop at Diagon Alley. However this is NOT the case A Wizarding World. These wizards shop in the same stores, but in Hogsmeade. Yes, Hogsmeade.


This is disconcerting to the HP fan at first. But it is soon forgotten when feast your eyes on the incredible detail of these stores. Just look at every detail in Owl Post's windows.



Owl Post's windows are packed with fun and unusual items.



What luck! We have a few of the locals hanging out in front. getting ready to send off that beautiful snowy, white owl with an urgent message.



They have a great selection of quills in the windows of Scrivenshafts'. This is one of the amazing store fronts. Details ... Details ... Details!



Potages Cauldrons.... This has got to be one of my favorites.... That stack of cauldrons is AWESOME!



This is by far THE most popular shop. Expect to wait at least an hour or more to enter. Inside Mr. Ollivander choses a new Hogwarts' student and finds them their perfect wand.



Peeking through the windows, you see some of the most unusual wands.



Look! There's Mr. Ollivander now....




Now these are some fantastic window displays. The mandrakes scream at you and the other exotic plants quiver.

No wizard has to worry about ingredients ever with Dogwee and Deathcap.


















As the sun sets the store fronts come alive at night with ambient gas lights....


I hope you enjoyed our little shopping spree. Wizarding World IS truly a magical place.

25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some cool shops there!
And you have a pop-up comment box now. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love that stack of cauldrons!

Jess said...

SO cool! I can't wait until my teenage daughter gets home from school to show her--she's crazy about Harry Potter. Love the post before this too!

Unknown said...

WOW!! #awesomeness

Colene Murphy said...

I WAS a little put off by the Diagon Alley thing, but it really does look like something I could overlook with all that awesome everywhere!

Akoss said...

Woot! You were there??? I'm so jealous.
Great pics by the way :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

It must be so cool to walk past those shops at night. Beautiful pictures once again, Roland

Abby Minard said...

Wow! I've been out of it lately- I had no idea you went there! That makes me want to go even more- all the detail they put into it!! Beautiful pics!

Megan K. Bickel said...

I'm so enjoying this vicarious visit! I can't wait to get there myself!

N. R. Williams said...

So great, Michael. I love these pictures and I want to go so bad now. I am going to save my pennies. I peaked at yesterday's too. Sorry I didn't make it over.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Anonymous said...

OMG, I want to go there. NOW.

Awesome pics!

Anstice Brown said...

Hi, Michael,
I'm fine thanks. Beautiful pictures! It's the next best thing to getting to go there myself. I've been checking in to read your posts but I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while-I'll have to get into the habit of chatting to fellow bloggers more often. The wizarding world post card and stamps arrived a while ago but I only got them last week because I've been staying with family. It was a great suprise to recieve them when I got back, I was delighted. Thank you very much! I will stay tuned for more wizarding world posts.

Tizzy

Ciara said...

We are going for spring break. I'm so excited!

Golden Eagle said...

Awesome pictures! It must be so cool to be able to walk past those places. :)

Elliot Grace said...

...lovin the pics, Michael. You're guiding us along on your journey:)

EL

LTM said...

How absolutely supercool!!! Am LOVING all your pix from the Wizarding World--so jealous! :o) <3

Unknown said...

Those are amazing pictures. What a setting!

erica and christy said...

*slightly understands the HP obsession* *mostly thinks Michael is cool despite his HP obsession*

:)
erica

Theresa Milstein said...

I wanna go!

Denise Covey said...

Woh Michael so great! Did you do lots of shopping? The previous post was awesome too. That castle! Obviously you're having a ball!

Denise<3

ali cross said...

Much easier commenting, thanks Michael! And fantastic pictures!

ali cross said...

Michael, just read your interview and it was FANTASTIC. So much I didn't know about you! As a professional opera singer I can relate to your desire to be out of that lifestyle. There weren't the drugs and such of your world, but the infidelity was so common, it was like it was expected. If your partner was straight, it was a given you'd let your passion on the stage melt into your relationship after-show. So many ruined marriages. So many sexual identity problems (men who were gay go straight/straight go gay) lots of experimentation and stuff. It was crazy and so not a lifestyle conducive to a happy marriage. I absolutely miss the stage, but I don't miss the life.

And CONGRATS on abna! I have no idea how I missed that .....

Heather said...

That place is beyond amazing! I have to visit it someday! Thank you for sharing these great pictures.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I would LOVE to go there! That is so awesome. I hope you are having a great time!!

HowLynnTime said...

Thanks for all the cool cool posts!


Love these pics! Thanks for sharing!