Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WHAT'S HIDING IN YOUR FOREST?....

Dappled light filters through an ancient oak forest. The leaves, golden, flitter in the whistling breeze.

Blood tints the rooted surface as a dozen or so men lie dead…

All except one.

A blinding pain cleaves through his head and he wakes, blinking in time with his heartbeat.

Derek sits up, staring at the carnage in disbelief, holding his head.

I have no recollection of this. I cannot be responsible. Can I?

He stumbles to his feet. 

His stomach roils.

This forrest is not known to me.

After several deep breaths, he steadies himself and lumbers through the towering trees on foot.

Where he is headed, he does not know, but he continues toward the Western sun.

I must find MaTisha…she will lead me home.


*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

In the early morning hours, as the sun breaks through the dense, inky sky, a shimmer of silver vapor mists in front of an exhausted Derek. 

A woman of simple beauty steps forth from the haze.

“MaTisha! Praise be! I found you at last.”

Soulful eyes search Derek’s face. But her blank expression still remains.

“It is I, Derek. Do you not know me?”

Her faces pales to the color of fine linen. “Sir, I do not know thee, for I have amnesia.”

Derek furrows his brow and deep lines etch his face. 

“But you are the only one who can show me the way home. My wife and family need to be protected.”

“I would truly like to help, Sir, but I am hunted by the Guardian and Mercenary armies, but for what, I do not know.”

A blinding pain erupts through Derek’s temples and he drops to the ground.

MaTisha stares at his twitching body.

He springs to his feet. A rogue smile plasters his face. “Ah, my lady. No one will harm thee. I will be your champion.”

“But what of your wife and children, Sir?”

“No matter. We must get thee to safety.”

He takes her arm and leads her to an unknown destiny…



Why the sudden change of heart?

Is Derek possessed by a murderous alter ego?

Will MaTisha be safe from this stranger to her?


THANMIR WAR

by

Loni Townsend



Is Derek’s love for his family strong enough to overpower the devil within him? 

Or will his selfish alter ego’s plan win out, keeping the mysterious MaTisha all to himself?


Now this is one intriguing premise…we have Mercenaries on one side, Guardians on the other. There is an amnesiac harboring hidden clues, and most of all, a compicated MC with an alter ego…. 

What an eye opening Wednesday this is!

Okay…now my TBR is getting insane...LOL. Thanks, Loni for creating such an imaginative read.

I hope everyone is getting excited about the final week coming up in the A-Z! We are almost there!

Have a great WEDNESDAY ALL!

Amazon: Link


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent job you have done reviewing these books during the challenge. This one is no exception. Most enjoyable to read your account of it. Hope it does well. ......Yes "We're almost there". Thanks for another good post.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, now I want to know! And since I've been following Loni's other story this month, I know this one will be awesome.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Another fantastic blurb that makes me want to read the story. You are so talented and this sounds like a great book.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Something is going on in his head!

Julie Flanders said...

This is really intriguing! I'm adding this to my TBR as well. Congrats to Loni!

Melissa said...

Oh, wow. It's Loni's book!

She has a great voice and creates interesting characters. I totally enjoyed Thanmir War, and I don't usually read epic fantasy.

Another awesome intro, Michael. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michael,
I used to follow you under another blog and wanted to wander back over and catch up. I've been playing catch up a lot these days! I found you again thanks to Crystal Collier's post today (she mentioned you :))
This story is very interesting. I like her voice. It's very unique!
Cheers,
Jen

Jack said...

That is very well done and exciting. I really liked it and it left me wanting to read more.

Loni Townsend said...

Thank you for the feature! I always love reading what you cook up based on book blurbs, and Thanmir War is no exception. Very entertaining. Thank you. :D

Jo said...

I already have over 500 books on my Kindle, bought yesterday's read. I couldn't read everything I have even if I live to be 100

David P. King said...

I do love me some mercenaries. :)

SK Anthony said...

Ooooh this sounds intriguing! I can only imagine your TBR list, Michael lol...okay now let me go add it to mine... ;)

debi o'neille said...

My Kindle is as full as Jo's, but I've got room for one more. :-)
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

D.G. Hudson said...

So, how big is your TBR list or stack, Michael? I think I'll stack mine in vertical columns as they did at Shakespeare and Company. This intro has multiple lines of interest, and sounds like a good read. Good Luck, Loni. I am glad to see the end of the April A to Z road, at least for this year.

Michelle Wallace said...

I love the cover!

Laura Clipson said...

This sounds interesting, I wonder what's going on.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

A truly tortured hero. Can I make that TBR virtual stack higher? Michael, you're killing me here.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You and Loni know how to tantalize!

Rachna Chhabria said...

This sounds super interesting Michael. You are going to make my TBR pile crash. It will bury me underneath it.

cleemckenzie said...

You've put a lot into this A to Z, Michael!

Crystal Collier said...

Ooh! Why the sudden change indeed! That's insane stuff. This one is in my TBR pile. Yuppers. =)

True Heroes from A to Z

Liz Blocker said...

YAY, LONI! Congratulations!! I'm so happy to see Thanmir War here. And yes, I need to read it!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh this is awesome. Great intro, Michael

Cathrina Constantine said...

I love it Loni and Michael!

klahanie said...

Hey Michael,

Sorry, I do understand how you've been anxiously waiting for one of my highly collectable comments. Wait no more, good sir! :)

An amazing job on the blurb, pardon me, I just blurbed. You are a marvel at these things.

Nice stuff, Loni.

I will be excited when this ridiculous A to Z is finally over. You betcha! :)

Gary

mshatch said...

Another great intro and another interesting tale to add to my list :)