Friday, April 25, 2014

A VICIOUS MOON...

A door creaks open. A cool, honey-blonde haired woman enters into an office. Her black, form-fitted uniform torn. She drops into the desk chair opposite a chunky, middle-aged man.

“Fiona Moon. It’s about time.”

“You’re lucky I’m here. Two zombies cornered me. A good thing I know how to handle them…but, they’re getting stronger. And they’re kidnapping Mages, who are turning up dead… 

“Someone’s behind this and he’s sucking the life out of them.” 

She crosses her lean legs and sighs. Her liquid blue eyes lock on his. “We need to find out who. And soon.”

Heat radiates from his pale face. “Give me some credit. I know who it is…”

“Who?”

“Patience, Fiona. I’m expecting someone. He should be here any minute.”

“Who?” 

“Your new partner.”

“Partner,” she exclaims and jumps from the chair. “I’m an Elite Black Blade Guard. I’m trained to work alone.”

“Sit down, Fiona. Not this time.”

She takes her seat, stiffens her back.

“Hello...Jackson...Are you in your office?”

“Yes. Come in, Ian. We’ve been expecting you.”

“Ian! You expect me to work with him. Are you mad!” Fiona digs her nails into the leather chair. “He embodies everything I despise…

“He’s…

“Right here, Fiona.” Ian enters, beaming at her.

“Ian. Welcome. Thank you for coming. Please sit.” He extends his arm and points to the vacant chair.

Fiona springs from her chair like an alley cat. “If he stays, I’m leaving.”

“Fiona, sit! I’ve just about had enough of your attitude.”

Fiona’s squints her eyes to mere pinpricks and glares at Jackson. She slowly drops back into her seat.

Ian smiles, shakes Jackson’s hand, and take the seat next to hers.

“I asked you here for a very important assignment. It’s a Voodoo Priest named Bokor behind all these Mage murders.” He reaches into his desk drawer and pulls out two identical folders, handing one to each of them. “Read through this. If you have any questions contact me.

“I don’t need to impress upon you the importance of keeping this under wraps. Be careful. You’re dealing with something truly evil.”

He faces Fiona. “You may go. I need to speak with Ian for a few moments.”

“You’re asking me to leave? What do you need to discuss with him? I want to know…I earned the right to know.”

“Are you done? Now leave.”

Fiona stands. Glares at both men, and leaves.


Will Fiona be able to work with Ian without killing him?

What’s behind her hatred?

Will they catch the Voodoo Prince before the last mage’s life is taken?


VOODOO

Moon

by


June Stevens


Once more the Voodoo Prince strike again…

Someone is kidnapped…

But not a Mage this time.

Fiona is lured into his clutches…

But Ian follows and they are both snatched.

Will they be able to escape with their souls in tact?



Now this sounds like a terrific read! I only had a small blurb to work with here, so I did a large amount of creative license here. LOL. But this paranormal is a hit…

Here is a review by Cara from Goodreads…

“Here’s everything I love in a book: Post-Apocalyptical, paranormal beings, magic, mystery, and of course, romance. Add to that soul-sucking beasts, zombies, and missing persons and you get one heck of a story.

“This is a great, great, great read! I would strongly recommend it to lovers of paranormal. There are hot love scenes, that aren’t necessarily erotica. With a great cast of secondary characters, Fiona Moon and Ian Barroes light up this novel, as the two kick ass main characters. Fiona is one of those hard ass heroines, with emotional walls five miles high, with a bit of a soft mushy inside; she fights hard for the underdog, and seems to always win. Ian is a necromancer who is super sexy, and with five years of emotion and attraction boiling between them, it was bound to explode- and oh, it did.”

Warning though, she mentions lots of editing errors… so be prepared for that.

Thanks for stopping by… I hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY…

ONLY FOUR DAYS LEFT…. YAY! 

Amazon: Link


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title, hope it is a success. Good preview as always.
Enjoy your day.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ian's going to have a time working with that feisty lady! Well done, Michael.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I wonder what he told him?

Michelle Wallace said...

Sounds eerie... and the image in the moon... *shudders*

mshatch said...

Oh boy, sure love your intro! Very intriguing!

Jo said...

Love that cover. Not into paranormal however. Went off it 40 years or so ago. Good intro Michael.

D.G. Hudson said...

A great intro, especially if you had no blurb to work with, Michael!
Good luck to the author!

Julie Flanders said...

I hadn't heard of DJ/June before but will definitely have to check out her work - another fantastic intro, Michael.

cleemckenzie said...

Another super introduction. You must be a writer. :-)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm amazed at the super intro from a blurb. I like voodoo in a novel. It's something lots of people still believe in.

Denise Covey said...

I'm amazed and delighted how wonderful covers are lately. I think the cover artist should be credited too.

No blurb? You did extremely well Michael.

Denise